Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading PL/SQL output online from perl?? Post 302366670 by jparra on Friday 30th of October 2009 05:21:09 AM
Old 10-30-2009
Thanks Jim,
Well, what i'm going to do is change the pl/sql to commit after every transaction.

Would you like I'll let you know about the tests and result?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl - Programmers manual online?

I have never programmed in Perl (insert laughter, mock, etc. here ____) - so I need a sort of "Programming in Perl" covering the basics. I now have two Perl books, one is a 5 volume Unix resource kit, the other is "Mastering algorithms with Perl" - none of them explains how to produce "hello,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtleRamsli
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Online Resources

Could someone suggest some good on-line PERL resources? tutorials and References? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file using DB2 SQL

I have some alphbetical codes in that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Online insert MySQL rows by perl-script

Hello, Met a problem when I tried to insert rows to MySQL database from an old book that fits my learning level (MySQL and Perl for the Web, by Paul DuBois, 2001). First, under mysql console I created a database: webdb and the table: todo. Then I draft the perl-cgi script to have online page.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from sql query

I have sql query in shell script. select distinct account_no from adj order by account_no; This query returns account number daily.Sometimes it may return 90 rows sometime it may return 1 row only and someday it may return 0 rows I am storing the output of this query in sql_output.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Multi Line SQL in UNIX

Hello, Currently, I am reading few queries from the below .sql file --SOURCE TABLE NAME --SOURCE QUERY SEL COL1, COL2, COL3, COL4, COL5, COL6, COL7 WHERE COL5 = '2015-11-04 16:24:00.000000' FROM SOURCE TABLE; --TARGET TABLE NAME --TARGET QUERY SEL COLUMN1, COLUMN2, COLUMN3, COLUMN4,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
BEGIN(7)                                                           SQL Commands                                                           BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in ``autocom- mit'' mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other ses- sions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level or read/write mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION [set_transac- tion(7)] was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION [set_transaction(7)] for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)] has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)]). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], whose ref- erence page contains additional compatibility information. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 BEGIN(7)