Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting linux 'paste' allignment problem Post 302366606 by jimmy_y on Friday 30th of October 2009 02:14:41 AM
Old 10-30-2009
There is a way i thought, and it works.
for exmaple, there are three txt.
1. use wc -l to get the max lines among those three txt.
3 1.txt
10 2.txt
34 3.txt
2. then use for loop for each file, 1.txt: 3 to 34; 2.txt: 10 to 34; 3.txt: 34 to 34, use print MYFILE "\t\t\t" to each txt.

Then paste should be no problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VNC copy paste problem

Hi, Am unable to cut & paste between the VNC windows client and local Windows machine. In few VNC windows client, i was able to do. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi paste problem

i encountered a vi paste problem on aix platform. when i copied some sources from windows and then pasted it into a vi window, many <TAB>s were inserted automatically in front of each line. (i.e., one tab for line1 and two tabs for line2 and etc) but this problem cannot be repeated on linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allignment

Hi All, I want to shift the last and second last line to 8 spaces in the right inside a file. please can somebody suggest a script for the same. Thanks and Best Regards, Shazin (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
22 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi copy/paste problem

I'm having a problem copy/pasting from a txt file in windows to vi. What happens is I copy a chunk of text, go to the putty terminal, go into insert mode, and right click, and it will stop pasting at a random point and freeze up. Nothing I do gets out of it. This only happens on my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solidarity
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output allignment

Hi Guys, I hope you are doing good out there. I am facing some issues in the alligment of the output of a shell script. Below is the statement which is formatting the output:echo $File | awk -F '' '{print $13,$15="\t"$16,$4="",$5,$6,$7}' and its output is Domain Log file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A copy paste problem with loops in bash

Hello All, i have a really strange copy paste problem. When I write some loops in an editor for example: for j in 1 2 3 do echo "$j" done and I want to paste it to the shell, the result in the shell is: for j in 1 2 3; do e; other commands work fine and if a copy paste... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris v Ubuntu using OpenSSL paste problem

Hello, I hope this means something to someone. I have an odd problem that just started happening recently. I am not the system admin, so I don't have full info on any changes to the system lately. Except that I did upgrade OpenSSL to version 1.0.1.c from 1.0.0j. Anyway, I am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonycp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Cut and paste

Hi, I have a file like this --> Consider z as space #cat filename ABC <!--Nzzzzz--> <!--RESUMO--> EFG XYZ <!--Nzzzzz--> <!--RESUMO--> I need to cut the <!--RESUMO--> part and paste it to the previous line so that the file will look like this--> ABC <!--Nzzzzz--><!--RESUMO-->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsonata
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in cut or paste

Hello, I have some problem in cut or paste command for my text data. Input1.txt : I use cut command : cut -d ' ' -f1 Input1.txt > result.txt result.txt : Then, I use paste command to merge result.txt. paste -d ' ' result.txt Input1.txt > output.txt output.txt showed : I use cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awil
1 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)