Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pdf to text conversion and vice versa Post 302366586 by saltysumi on Friday 30th of October 2009 12:13:43 AM
Old 10-30-2009
I am working on Sun Solaris UNIX

I am working on Sun Solaris UNIX

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

binary to string conversion and vice versa

please let me know that in unix using c programming language we can do binary to string conversion and vice versa using ltoa and atol but how can we do it in c++ programming language. thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinnaree
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help to convert from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa!

Hello, can sed be used to convert all letters of a file from uppercase to lowercase and vice versa?i know tr command can be used but with sed is it possible? i came up with this :- sed 'y///' file1 actually the above command is also not working! Please help me. Thanks in advance :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending from a file to a script and vice versa

Hi, I am new to Unix and discovered this example problem online that I believe will help my learning: Run the command's below env >> xx env >> xx env >> xx env >> xx env >> xx You will now have a file called XX with the env redirected into it 5 times Create a script named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uppercase to lowercase and vice versa

shell script to convert file names from UPPERCASE to lowercase file names or vice versa in linux anybody please help me out!!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

What is the advantage of ubuntu over vista and vice versa?

i am thinking of replacing my vista with ubuntu. Questions: 1) what will be the advantages and disadvantages of using ubuntu instead of vista? 2) what will be the setbacks of replacing my vista? 3) how hard is it to cope up with the new OS? what must i learn to utilize ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with scp from one server to the other (but not vice versa)

Hi I have a system PRIMARY where I can push or pull files to/from STANDBY using scp. I can also ssh without entering a password. On the STANDBY system if I try and use scp or ssh it asks for a password. I checked in ~/.ssh and there was no authorized_keys file on the PRIMARY server. After... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrrossi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa.

I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from centigrade to fahrenheit and vice versa. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to be correct. Also the data file has 11 numbers inside of it and the output needs to be listed as so: Fahrenheit Temperature... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: N1ckNak
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ping from Windows to Solaris 10 and vice versa?

Hi all, I installed Oracle virtual box 4.1.8 on my desktop. I installed Windows 2008 server R2 as one instance and Solaris 10 as another instance. When am trying to ping from Windows to solaris and vice-versa, ping not working. windows IP : 10.1.47.24 Solaris IP : 10.1.47.25 netstat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjks
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for Host Name to IP Address or Vice Versa

Hi, In unix or linux is there any command exist to identify Host Name to IP Address or Vice Versa? Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
6 Replies
Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)				      Perl Library Functions				       Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)

NAME
Exacct::Object::Item - exacct item manipulation SYNOPSIS
use Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object; my $ea_item = Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item->new( &EXT_UINT64 | &EXC_DEFAULT | &EXD_PROC_PID, $$); DESCRIPTION
This module is used for manipulating libexacct(3LIB) data Items. A libexacct Item is represented as an opaque reference blessed into the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item class, which is a subclass of the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object class. The underlying libexacct data types are mapped onto Perl types as follows: libexacct type Perl internal type EXT_UINT8 IV (integer) EXT_UINT16 IV (integer) EXT_UINT32 IV (integer) EXT_UINT64 IV (integer) EXT_DOUBLE NV (double) EXT_STRING PV (string) EXT_RAW PV (string) EXT_EXACCT_OBJECT Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object subclass Constants None. Functions None. Class methods Class methods include those inherited from the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object base class, plus the following: new($catalog, $value) This method creates and returns a new Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object::Item. The catalog tag can be either an integer or a Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Catalog. This catalog tag controls the conversion of the Perl value to the corresponding Perl exacct data type as described in the table above. If the catalog tag has a type field of EXT_EXACCT_OBJECT, the value must be a reference to either an Item or a Group object and the passed object is recursively copied and stored inside the new Item. Because the returned Item is constant, it is impossible, for example, to create an Item representing CPU seconds and subsequently modify its value or change its catalog value. This behavior is intended to prevent mismatches between the catalog tag and the data value. Object methods Object methods are those inherited from the Sun::Solaris::Exacct::Object. Exports None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpl5u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Exacct(3PERL), Exacct::Catalog(3PERL), Exacct::File(3PERL), Exacct::Object(3PERL), Exacct::Object::Group(3PERL), libexacct(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Dec 2002 Exacct::Object::Item(3PERL)