Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rlogin help!
Operating Systems Solaris rlogin help! Post 302366580 by the_red_dove on Friday 30th of October 2009 01:33:37 PM
Old 10-30-2009
Alright. Thanks jlliagre. I've got to check thoroughly then, after I get back to work.

---------- Post updated 10-30-09 at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-29-09 at 08:54 PM ----------

/etc/hosts.equiv, .rhosts all have the network info, they look fine but system1 is still asking for a passwd from system2 if I do rlogin. I'm stuck and don't know how to proceed from here!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin???

From any computer on our network when you rlogin into one machine (this only happens on this machine) it'll hang for about 3 minutes before loggin into that machine. If your sick of waiting you can do a <ctrl> C and then it'll rlogin into the machine it is meant to BUT it wont keep the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin

Hi, I have a script and need to use rlogin to access "server1". As there will be different servers used and there will be different usernames and passwords. Is it possible to pass the server name, username and password as arguments on the command line and the script work from there. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

I'm comparing a table from two databases on two different servers to check for equality. 1. How do I use rlogin from a script , is it like this ? rlogin -l $username $server1 where $username and $server1 are passed from the command line. 2.create a copy of that table, compress it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

not allow rlogin

does anyone know how to stop rlogin to my sunsolaris so I have 2 machines...I can not telnet one becouse that is not allowed but I can telnet the other and do rlogin to first one..I want to stop that.. so.. telnet A from C machine - works telnet B from C machine - does not work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

rlogin problem

On the HP-UX hostA, the command rlogin hostB generates the error "rlogind: Host address mismatch" even though the hostname & IP of hostA are defined in the .rhosts file and the /etc/hosts files of hostB respectively. The IP and the hostname of hostB are defined in the /etc/hosts file of hostA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysharma.vs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin issues

hi i got 3 boxes, boxA, boxB, boxC i can do the below boxA> ufsdump 0fu boxB:/mydirectory/myfile /myfile boxA> rlogin boxB is okay but when i do the below boxA> ufsdump 0fu boxC:/mydirectory/myfile /myfile, system says error, boxA> rlogin boxC got error on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin

i got a dout in rlogin . whether rlogin is same as telnet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanmugam
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in rlogin

Dear Experts, i want to make one script ,by running that script it should rlogin from one mashine to another and the username and passord should be in the script so that it could not ask from me the username and password of another machine from me . please help me out. Regards, SHARY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

Hi all, i need to remotely execute a couple of commands on anyother server, but rsh is not allowed. for that matter i am bound to use rlogin. so what i am trying to do in the script is : 1) rlogin asad 2) Wait for Login prompt 3) Waiting for Password Prompt 4) Once authenticated, execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

rlogin,telnet-different or same?

Hai guys, Both "rlogin" and "telnet" are used to login remote host.Is there any differece between these 2 commands? (or) are both same? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
1 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts - The rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_rhosts.so DESCRIPTION
This module performs the standard network authentication for services, as used by traditional implementations of rlogin and rsh etc. The authentication mechanism of this module is based on the contents of two files; /etc/hosts.equiv (or and ~/.rhosts. Firstly, hosts listed in the former file are treated as equivalent to the localhost. Secondly, entries in the user's own copy of the latter file is used to map "remote-host remote-user" pairs to that user's account on the current host. Access is granted to the user if their host is present in /etc/hosts.equiv and their remote account is identical to their local one, or if their remote account has an entry in their personal configuration file. The module authenticates a remote user (internally specified by the item PAM_RUSER connecting from the remote host (internally specified by the item PAM_RHOST). Accordingly, for applications to be compatible this authentication module they must set these items prior to calling pam_authenticate(). The module is not capable of independently probing the network connection for such information. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. superuser=account Handle account as root. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR The remote host, remote user name or the local user name couldn't be determined or access was denied by .rhosts file. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
To grant a remote user access by /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts for rsh add the following lines to /etc/pam.d/rsh: #%PAM-1.0 # auth required pam_rhosts.so auth required pam_nologin.so auth required pam_env.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
rootok(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_rhosts was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_RHOSTS(8)