Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 'netstat' info on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris 'netstat' info on Solaris Post 302366537 by jlliagre on Thursday 29th of October 2009 08:15:53 PM
Old 10-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak835
Code:
/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P tcp
/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P udp

Also is there any way i can make these two commands effectively one and use it ? I do not wish to use 2 separate commands.
Just create a shell script that call both of them sequentially and run that single script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info Needed in Seting up An apache Web Server on A Sun Sparc with Solaris 8

I need help in the form of the complete procedures necessary in setting up an Apache web server on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 8 David Johnston P.S New to the Unix arena (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David Johnston
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris netstat. Newbie.

Hi, I currently have two processes running on my Solaris server that are hogging the cpu. I am confident that these two processes are caused by remote users logged into the oracle database on the server. What I need to know is how to get the corresponding ip address associated with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris patching info

SOLUTION: You'll want to download the Solaris patches from: http://sunsolve.sun.com/show.do?target=home - get yourself an account, and you'll want to at least download the 'Sun Alert Patch Cluster' for your OS, as well as the 'Recommended' patch archive, which usually has a generic title like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Info required zones in solaris

Can anyone explain me what is the use of zones in solaris. Also how to find whether it is a local or global zone. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris I/O devices info

Hi, can anyone help in finding the hardware related details of I/O devices of remote solaris machine .Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheepv
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris raw disks info

Hi, I need the following information. 1. We have raw disks but how to identify raw disks. Is there any command to identify its type and size. 2. How to differentiate between disks which are used as file system and that are still available to be used as raw. I know we can use df -n to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
7 Replies

7. Solaris

ufs slices info in solaris

how do you get start and end sector of a UFS slice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amount of Network Traffic info from netstat output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much traffic has been generated and received from netstat -s output (using Linux). I can see the output shows packet counts and Octet values, how would I correctly calculate how much traffic in and how much out? My output below: Ip: 88847576 total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

netstat

When running netstat -i from the Command Terminal, It returns with 21 different connections.. The addresses all look like this: ::1 fe80:1::1 10:dd:b1:a5:c4:ba with Network names like Linke#2 fe80::8e2d How can I delve deeper into this to clarify what is going on with my network?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwfiedler
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc. How to change Vendor info of SAN disks reported in "format" command?

Greetings! After block level migration using an external appliance, the luns are getting reported as DGC-RAID5 and these luns are infact from the new storage. I have a query on changing the device Vendor info from DGC-RAID5 to HP3par in the format o/p only. AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_Bhaskar
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)