Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to find replace mutliline text Post 302366461 by vgersh99 on Thursday 29th of October 2009 02:03:05 PM
Old 10-29-2009
sorry - misread the req
Code:
nawk '$1=="form" {print "category" ++c, $2}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Text with sed

Hi , I´m working on Solaris 9 SPARC and I´m writing a Script to mírror two disks.. I need to replace some text in a file ( /etc/vfstab ) . For example: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 ==> /dev/md/dsk/d0 I just want to change the "/dev/dsk/" to "/dev/md/dsk/. Thanks for your repsonse (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: networkfre@k
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text

test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh Please advise how can I replace the abc, bcd....with ABC, BCD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace text PLEASE HELP

Dear friends please help, I have a large data file with few hundred lines. A small example is shown below: datafile is a file with few hundred lines with the third column has many different character stings: test 100 abc test 134 bcd test 356 cdf test 831 dfg test 720 fgh I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find text but replace a text beside it

I have an html file that looks like this (this is just a part of the html file): <td colspan="3" rowspan="1" style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(<!-- IDENTIFIER1 -->51, 255, 51);"><small><!-- IDENTIFIER2 -->UP</small></td> This is to automatically update the status of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed - replace text

Hi, I need to replace text in a file. Can someone help me write the proper sed command for this? My text file contains about a 100 lines of content. I want to replace the line containing new_name = "#{options}-#{ENV}" by, the following - new_name = "#{options}-#{ENV}-#{rand(999)}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankush2kn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace text with SED

Hi, I hope someone can help me out with the following: I have a file with the following lines in it: something /path/dir/my_-_file.01.ext sometext sometext somethingelse /path/dir/my_-_file.02.ext sometext something /path/dir/my_-_file.03.ext sometext some other text And i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thyssimonis
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help, Find a pattern, replace it with same text minus leading 0

HI Folks, I'm looking for a solution for this issue. I want to find the Pattern 0/ and replace it with /. I'm just removing the leading zero. I can find the Pattern but it always puts literal value as a replacement. What am I missing?? sed -e s/0\//\//g File1 > File2 edit by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirHenry1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

Hi All, I have a file as shown below: myFile.dat #---------------------------------------------------------- dataFile { Name shiva; location Delhi; travelID IDNumber; } 4 ( 560065 700007 100001 200002 )... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Find and Replace Text Between Two Strings or Words

I am looking for a sed in which I can recognize all of the text in between two indicators and then replace it with a place holder. For instance, the 1st indicator is a list of words "no|noone|havent" and the 2nd indicator is a list of punctuation ".|,|!".From a sentence such as "noone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies
elf_fill(3ELF)						       ELF Library Functions						    elf_fill(3ELF)

NAME
elf_fill - set fill byte SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lelf [ library ... ] #include <libelf.h> void elf_fill(int fill); DESCRIPTION
Alignment constraints for ELF files sometimes require the presence of ``holes.'' For example, if the data for one section are required to begin on an eight-byte boundary, but the preceding section is too ``short,'' the library must fill the intervening bytes. These bytes are set to the fill character. The library uses zero bytes unless the application supplies a value. See elf_getdata(3ELF) for more information about these holes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
elf(3ELF), elf_flagdata(3ELF), elf_getdata(3ELF), elf_update(3ELF), libelf(3LIB), attributes(5) NOTES
An application can assume control of the object file organization by setting the ELF_F_LAYOUT bit (see elf_flagdata(3ELF)). When this is done, the library does not fill holes. SunOS 5.11 11 Jul 2001 elf_fill(3ELF)