Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09) Post 302366390 by bluescreen on Thursday 29th of October 2009 11:09:59 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Duke,

Thanks for the info. I read through the man pages on luumount but the mounts disappeared over night. Smilie Not sure how it happened but everything else looks fine.

I'm currently waiting on the DBA's to validate the databases and then I'll delete the old BE.

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Move a disk to Sol. 2.6

I removed an external Sun disk (with data on it) from an old 2.6 system and added the disk to another 2.6 system. The new system seems to recognize the system (verified by the format command). When try to mount I am getting, I got the error: mount: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6 is not this fstype. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshine
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Chinese characters on Sol 2.7

Hi there, I need to get a Chinese disclaimer attached to an email on a Solaris 2.7 box. The disclaimer we use is in English and stored as a text file although I've been asked to see if we can add the Chinsese one? Is it simply just a matter of adding the Chinese locale to the OS or is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hayez
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter in SOL

Hello everbody: I have Sol9, and I need to check its kernekl parameters, do you know how to list them or in which file they can be found. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sol 10 Sendmail issue

We have a Spark Solaris 10 box running behind a Pix 501 firewall, we are running NAT and I have mapped access to it from the outside world. Anyway, we can receive mail no problem just can't send. I receive this message bounce: The original message was received at Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:04:29 -0600... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varlania
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login Prompt - Sol 10

Hello When I login as root - my prompt is # I want to change this and I understand the setting (PS1=) needs to go into a file called .profile, but I don't know where this file is for the root user. The root users home folder is / when I type env. Should I be creating a home folder for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedaz
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire 6800 / sol 8 / scadm

Good morning all Once again, I come seeking wisdom :-) I have a sunfire 6800 with two domains. Both Sc controllers are uncontactabe, probably due to network issues, but as the server is on a different site, Im a little stuck. So, am trying to use scadm, as I know I can view / configure... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
7 Replies

7. Solaris

File size issue in Sol 5.9

Hi Gurus, An Application is not able to create files above 2.14gb in size in my Sol5.9 server. I have checked the file limit of the user running the Application and am attaching the same: boiadm: ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

9. Solaris

GCC for X86 on SOL 10

Need help with GCC package. I did downloaded the same from sunfreeware.com for i86, however after doing the unzip I am unable to add the same with pkgadd as I am unable to get the sun standard format as SUNWgcc on my system. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

10. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies
lustatus(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      lustatus(1M)

NAME
lustatus - display status of boot environments SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lustatus [-l error_log] [-o outfile] [BE_name] [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lustatus command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lustatus command displays the status information of the boot environment (BE) BE_name. If no BE is specified, the status information for all BEs on the system is displayed. The headings in the lustatus information display are described as follows: Boot Environment Name Name of the BE. Is Complete Indicates whether a BE is able to be booted. Any current activity or failure in an lucreate(1M) or luupgrade(1M) operation causes a BE to be incomplete. For example, if there is a copy operation proceeding on or scheduled for a BE, that BE is considered incomplete. Active Now Indicates whether the BE is currently active. The "active" BE is the one currently booted. Active On Reboot Indicates whether the BE becomes active upon next reboot of the system. Can Delete Indicates that no copy, compare, or upgrade operations are being performed on a BE. Also, none of that BE's file systems are currently mounted. With all of these conditions in place, the BE can be deleted. Copy Status Indicates whether the creation or repopulation of a BE is scheduled or active (that is, in progress). A status of ACTIVE, COMPARING (from lucompare(1M)), UPGRADING, or SCHEDULED prevents you performing Live Upgrade copy, rename, or upgrade operations. The following is an example lustatus display: Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot Delete Status -------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ---------- disk_a_S7 yes yes yes no - disk_b_S7db yes no no no UPGRADING disk_b_S8 no no no no - S9testbed yes no no yes - Note that you could not perform copy, rename, or upgrade operations on disk_b_S8, because it is not complete, nor on disk_b_S7db, because a Live Upgrade operation is pending. The lustatus command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lustatus command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE for which to obtain status. If BE_name is omitted, lustatus displays status for all BEs in the system. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludesc(1M), ludelete(1M), lufslist(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lurename(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 2003 lustatus(1M)