Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remote awk syntax problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remote awk syntax problem Post 302366250 by rethink on Thursday 29th of October 2009 06:14:34 AM
Old 10-29-2009
thanks Scott, yes that works perfectly on my side

Just for the purposes of helping me to understand the multiple implied if-then constructs within this one liner, I have included a semi colon to separate each if-then

Code:
# MAC=$(ssh server1 "ipmitool fru | gawk '!NF{f=0} ; /mb.net0.fru/{f=1} ; /Product.Serial/&&f{print \$NF}' ")
# echo $MAC
00:AA:4F:A6:A6:C4

thank you again SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with syntax using awk

Hi Guys, When below code is executed in script, I get desired output in output file. awk 'NR >= $start_line && NR <= 3' master_scriptlist.txt > $driver1/scriptlist.txtBut when i replace 3 with a variable end_line=3, I do not get ouput. See code below. Is there any problem with syntax awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk syntax

Hi, Below is the code I am using. I am trying to list only those numbers which has a + symbol in it cat num | awk -F"+" '{if (/^$/) { } else {if ( $0 ~ egrep "^+$" ) { if ( $0 ~ grep "+" ) {print $0} } }}' I am getting the following error: awk: 0602-521 There is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk syntax error problem asking

Input file: 703 1192 720 1162 316 380 1810 439 1969 874 Desired output file: 3 3 awk code that I tried: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remote multiple hosts print remote hostname and output

Hi all, i'm trying to gether multiple pattern on remote hosts, and trying to print hostname and the pattern, ssh remoteserver1 -C 'hostname 2>&1;cat /var/log/server1.log | awk -F ";" '"'"'{ print " "$2" "$5}'"'"'| sort | uniq -c | sort -g -r ' The output is the following, remoteserver1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
8 Replies
asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-stop-instance, stop-instance - stops the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
stop-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host local_host] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the stop-instance to stop the instance with the instance name specified. The stop-instance can be run both locally and remotely. The named instance must already exist within the given domain; and the instance must be running. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be stopped. Example 1: Using stop-instance in local mode asadmin> stop-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the domain1 domain is stopped locally. Example 2: Using stop-instance in remote mode asadmin> stop-instance --user admin --password bluestar --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 stopped Where: the server1 instance associated with the named user, password, host and port is deleted from the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-stop-instance(1AS)