Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: variable intialization
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting variable intialization Post 302366247 by ranvijaidba on Thursday 29th of October 2009 06:03:05 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Thanks for prompt reply

Pranyam

Thanks for your reply.How to print the array value because i am printing the array value just to confirm initialization.I am doing in this way

echo "$cou: ${a[$cou]}"

but output will be
2:
3:
4:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split variable length and variable format CSV file

Dear all, I have basic knowledge of Unix script and her I am trying to process variable length and variable format CSV file. The file length will depend on the numbers of Earnings/Deductions/Direct Deposits. And The format will depend on whether it is Earnings/Deductions or Direct Deposits... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chechun
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
smfi_setreply(3N)														 smfi_setreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setreply() - sets the default SMTP error reply code SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code as a null-terminated string. rcode cannot be set to NULL value. rcode must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893/2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. message Specifies the text part of the SMTP reply. If message is set to NULL, an empty message is used. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. uses this code on subsequent error replies from the Milter function. can be called from any function except the function. Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, CR or LF causes the call to fail, a single (percentage) character can cause the text to be ignored. If a (percentage) character must be used in a string, it must be used as o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, or 2034. o If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the normal reply is not used. If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of these two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns if the rcode or xcode argument is invalid or a memory allocation failure occurs; otherwise; returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setreply(3N)