Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can quoted text return values Post 302366177 by panyam on Thursday 29th of October 2009 04:01:49 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinny
No. Got this in one of the books. When i executed this it showed an error but the answer in the book said that it prints a 1. But i am not able to reason out why. Anybody has any clue ?
I guess the output is "11". Instead of "1". I got the below.

Code:
TES> cat  rem.sh
index=10.5
let "res = $index + 1.7"
echo "res = $res"

TES>. rem.sh
res = 11

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit/return values

Sys: HP-UX 9000 In the calling script how do I 'read' the return/exit value of a called script?:confused: THX in advance for any assistence.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Possible return values for $?

I think the $? returns 0 if the last issued command was successful and otherwise if not. But does anyone knows the value list that may be returned ? (or it is only zero/one ? ) Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: return values from awk

Hi. I have a script like this: nawk 'BEGIN {FS=","; TOT1=0; REJ1=0;} { if($7=="TOTAL") { TOT1=TOT1 +$8} if($7=="REJS") { REJ1=REJ1 +$8} }' FILE_123.dat and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can $? return multiple values?

Hi, I have a script which does something like the below: execute_some_script.sh $arg1 $arg2 `exec-some-cmd` if then; do something else do something else fi However, during some cases, there is an error saying: line xxx: [: too many arguments at the line number which has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laloo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote ssh and return values..

hi I'm executing below 2 cmds which is working file.. ( cmd will ssh to remote host and look for pattern in remote file) ssh $USER@$HOST "grep -n \"$PATTERN\" $RDIR/$RFILE | awk -F":" '{print \$1}'|tr '\n' ':'|sed 's/:$//g'" > /tmp/_log_out VAR=`cat /tmp/_log_out` output in /tmp/_log_out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: id100
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Multiple Return Values

Hi, I need to retrun multiple values function errorFileCreation { echo "Before" return -1 "Siva"; echo "Aftyer" } echo ${?} - This can be used to getting first value. how can i get second one. Advance Thanks... Shiv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take quoted output from one script as quoted input for another script

Hi, I have a script output.sh which produces the following output (as an example): "abc def" "ghi jkl" This output should be handled from script input.sh as input and the quotes should be treated as variable delimiters but not as regular characters. input.sh (processing positional... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a text and return the text from file

Hi I have a set of input strings in a pattern as given below string1 string2 string3 string4 string5 I need to search this sequence of strings from a file in such a way that the first two strings (string1 and string2) and last two strings (string4 and string5) should match with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
8 Replies
URI::Fetch::Response(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 URI::Fetch::Response(3pm)

NAME
URI::Fetch::Response - Feed response for URI::Fetch SYNOPSIS
use URI::Fetch; my $res = URI::Fetch->fetch('http://example.com/atom.xml') or die URI::Fetch->errstr; print $res->content; DESCRIPTION
URI::Fetch::Response encapsulates the response from fetching a feed using URI::Fetch. USAGE
$res->content The contents of the feed. $res->uri The URI of the feed. If the feed was moved, this reflects the new URI; otherwise, it will match the URI that you passed to fetch. $res->etag The ETag that was returned in the response, if any. $res->last_modified The Last-Modified date (in seconds since the epoch) that was returned in the response, if any. $res->status The status of the response, which will match one of the following enumerations: o URI::Fetch::URI_OK() o URI::Fetch::URI_MOVED_PERMANENTLY() o URI::Fetch::URI_GONE() o URI::Fetch::URI_NOT_MODIFIED() $res->http_status The HTTP status code from the response. $res->http_response The HTTP::Response object returned from the fetch. $res->is_success $res->is_redirect $res->is_error Wrappers around the "$res->response" methods of the same name, for convenience. $res->content_type The Content-Type header from the response. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Please see the URI::Fetch manpage for author, copyright, and license information. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-29 URI::Fetch::Response(3pm)