Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to exit from case statements Post 302366152 by uxpassion on Thursday 29th of October 2009 02:58:08 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Thank you ripat and panyam. It works perfectly fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statements

i need to use a case statement to do something when the user enters nothing at the prompt. i know about the if statement and that isnt' what i'm interested in using for this. i want to use case. heres the scenerio. a program asks a user for an input. i want to use a case statement to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my case statements

Hi there, Im having some problems with this function, I pass two arguments to the function $1 $2 (Arguments are month and date inputted by the user) for some reason the case always fails... however in the cases defined below where it shouldnt fail the result is: if it fails with input... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to combine case statements

Hi, I need to change military time to regular time. I know to use case to indicate whether a.m. or p.m. as follows: case "$hour" in 0? | 1 ) echo a.m.;; 1 ) echo p.m.;; * ) echo p.m.;; esac My question is how do I add the hour and minute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karp3158
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit from case - called in a function

Hello Experts, I am building a shell where I need to use case structure. The structure is in a function as in the sample code below: # Shell mySh #!/bin/sh doThis(){ var=$1 case "$var" in IT) echo "ok 1 $var" ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkansal
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with case and exit

Hi all, Am writing a script that uses the case statement and it is not working the way that I expect it to be. Script so far is as below. What am expecting to happen is if the user enter neither Y or YES or N or NO, it is supposed to exit out of the script running only on_exit, otherwise,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling return & exit statements

I have 2 shell scripts the primary one would load the other one which will have functions defined in it. Script 1: . /apps/bin/Script 2 function if then continue... .... fi Script 2: function() (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
10 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case statements and creating a file database

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The assignment is posted below: Maintain automobile records in a database Write a shell script to create,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boltftw
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to case statements from if/elif

Hello, I wrote the case on code but it mistakes. I am not sure. If/elif code: #!/bin/ksh you=$LOGNAME hour=`date | awk '{print substr($4, 1, 2)}'` print "The time is: $(date)" if (( hour > 0 && $hour < 12 )) then print "Good morning, $you!" elif (( hour == 12 )) then (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Masterpoker
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for pattern in variable using case statements

i would like to search a variable for a pattern, without having make any calls to external tools. i have a code like this: COUNTPRO2="gine is very bad vine is pretty good" case "${COUNTPRO2}" in *vine*) factor=${COUNTPRO2} echo $factor ;; esac If the variable contains... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS - maximum connection cache size SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS, long amount); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. The set amount will be the maximum number of simultaneously open persistent connections that libcurl may cache in the pool associated with this handle. The default is 5, and there isn't much point in changing this value unless you are perfectly aware of how this works and changes libcurl's behaviour. This concerns connections using any of the protocols that support persistent connections. When reaching the maximum limit, curl closes the oldest one in the cache to prevent increasing the number of open connections. If you already have performed transfers with this curl handle, setting a smaller CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) than before may cause open connec- tions to get closed unnecessarily. If you add this easy handle to a multi handle, this setting is not acknowledged, and you must instead use curl_multi_setopt(3) and the CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) option. DEFAULT
5 PROTOCOLS
Most EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3), CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 18, 2016 CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)