Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determining window manager from command line Post 302365988 by proactiveaditya on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 03:46:47 PM
Old 10-28-2009
Determining window manager from command line

How to know what is my window manager from Linux command line?

---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:07 PM ----------

How to determine the display manager from command line?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete RAID of solaris volume manager thru command line

how do I remove raid that has the following Raid configuration # metastat d60: Mirror Submirror 0: d61 State: Okay Submirror 1: d62 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 36501312 blocks (17 GB) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr76413
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Window Manager of the ... Choice

Inspired by Window Manager of the Year threads from LinuxQuestions.org Like these: 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 I wonder what WMs are used by UNIX people ... People sometimes select diffrent WMs for (old and slow) laptop and (overpowered) workstation, that is why poll allows multiple... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vermaden
8 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Slimmest Window Manager

Hi Which is the absolutely slimmest window manager Window Manager? THX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Window manager on Fedora

Hi eveybody, I want to install fedora on my personal laptop, but I dont want to use any graphical desktop environment, this way i will force myself to learn more. I want to install wm2 which i used to work with it on debian a couple of yeras ago, so is there any instruction that how I can do this?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

5. Fedora

Window Manager

Hi guys, I want to get back to my old days and re-obtain my unix skills, I remember I installed a window manager wmii / wmii2 /mwm on my debian and started to learn unix/linux and now after some years not touching it and having to deal with gnome on redhat (because of my work) I feel like very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clpm - Command Line Project Manager

Command Line Project Manager (clpm) is designed to make managing sets of files easier. It's free and open source. Watch the demo. Features Organize files and commands into projects and recall them with just a few keystrokes Access full filename path with simple shell variables, ex:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinypig
0 Replies
DH_INSTALLWM(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_INSTALLWM(1)

NAME
dh_installwm - register a window manager SYNOPSIS
dh_installwm [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [wm...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installwm is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the postinst and prerm commands that register a window manager with update-alternatives(8). The window manager's man page is also registered as a slave symlink (in v6 mode and up). It must be installed in usr/share/man/man1/ in the package build directory prior to calling dh_installwm. In compat 9 and earlier, the manpage was optional. FILES
debian/package.wm List window manager programs to register. OPTIONS
--priority=n Set the priority of the window manager. Default is 20, which is too low for most window managers; see the Debian Policy document for instructions on calculating the correct value. -n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. Turns this command into a no-op. wm ... Window manager programs to register. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLWM(1)