Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to use SSH in Solaris 10? Post 302365835 by masloff on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 06:42:39 AM
Old 10-28-2009
To create ssh keys, you should read this article.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Solaris 9 and SSH_CLIENT

Hi all... When i send a command via ssh, from a hp10.20 to a sol9 server, i get the following: # ssh mouton uname -a mouton root's password: Of course, after giving the passwd, it works. I'd like to be able to send commands without giving this password. When i set the sshd in debug mode... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

2. Solaris

trouble auto connecting ssh 3.6.1 (Solaris 8) to ssh 3.0.1 (Solaris 6)

I am currently setting up rdiff-backup to use ssh to connect and remotely backup and retrieve data. I am doing so by creating rsa keys for each server and copying the relevant key to the /.ssh folder on the relevant server. All seems to work well when severs running solaris 8 with ssh 3.6.1 are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: falklandtim
6 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh for solaris 8

Hi all, i need to run ssh for solaris 8 my server version is SunOS myserver 5.8 Generic_117350-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 wher i can get this? pls help Thanx n Regards/Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH configuration in solaris 10

hye guys..i'm new here..just want to ask how to configure SSH service in solaris 10?? hope you all will help me..tq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaiRiZuL
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ssh out ok, but ssh in not

Hi, It's a Solaris 10 zone. I can ssh to other systems without problems, but can not ssh to it (output attached). I don't think there is a firewall here. /etc/ipf/ipf.conf contains nothing. What could be the problem cause? Please help. Thank you in advance! sshclient$ ssh -v thiserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to install SSH on Solaris 10?

Dear friends, I am running Solaris 10 x86, I have only one monitor so I want to access my solaris machine with putty. Please help me setup SSH on Solaris and how to make my solaris system ssh-accessible on the network. It would be so nice of you if could provide details on each step as I am a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Cant SSH Solaris servers

Hi all. Im working in a telco Environment and recently setup a new server. The other servers are a combination of Solaris + Linux machines. Using my new server , I can ping all other servers ( solaris + redhat linux ) but the issue lies where I try to ssh. I can only successfully ssh linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 9 - SSH 40 Second Delay

I'm having an issue with SSH on a server that hasn't had any configuration changes made on it in a long time. I SSH to the server and it hangs at "debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent" for exactly 40 seconds then connects fine after that pause. Everything I have found points to DNS, but I use host files... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
19 Replies
javaws(1)						      General Commands Manual							 javaws(1)

NAME
javaws - Java Web Start launcher command SYNOPSIS
javaws [ options ] [ URL ] PARAMETERS
options Command-line options. Options many be in any order. For a discussion of the various options, see OPTIONS below. URL Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol) file. DESCRIPTION
The javaws command launches Java Web Start, which is the reference implementation of the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP). Java Web Start launches java application/applets hosted on a network. Without any options javaws will launch the Java JNLP Application Manager, from which users can launch applications/applet or configure Java Web Start. If a URL for a JNLP file is specified, javaws will launch the Java application/applet specified in the JNLP file. OPTIONS
The javaws launcher has a set of options that are supported in the current release. However, the options may be removed in a future release. All -X options are non-standard and subject to change. -offline Runs Java Web Start in offline mode. -uninstall URL Removes a specific application/applet from the user's cache, as indicated by the URL for the JNLP file. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -updateVersions Updates the Java Web Start configuration file based on the current machine's settings. Java Web Start will exit when the command is completed. -Xclearcache Clears the user's cache. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -Xnosplash Disables the display of the initial splash screen. -import Imports the application specified by the URL into the user's cache but does not run it.. -silent When used with the -import option, imports in silent mode; i.e., there will be no UI pop up. The process exit code will be either 0 if successful or 1 if not. -codebase URL Replaces the codebase with URL in the jnlp file specified when importing the resources. URL must be a valid URL. -system Uses the system cache instead of the user cache. -shortcut Allows the creation of shortcuts during silent import. -association Allows the creation of associations during silent import. -open arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -open arguments. -print arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -print arguments. -online Runs in online mode (default behavior). -viewer Runs the Java Application Cache Viewer (default if no URL is specified). -userConfig property-name Clears the specified deployment property. -userConfig property-name property-value Sets the specified deployment property to the specified value. -wait If specified, the javaws process will not exit until the application exits. FILES
For more information about the user and system cache and deployment.properties files, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deploy- ment/deployment-guide/properties.html MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Java Web Start, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/index.html. 09 April 2004 javaws(1)