Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shellscript to sort duplicate files listed in a text file Post 302365833 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 06:38:23 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocomm
Franklin52....Could you explain your command line ???

I don't understand what is the value of the array a

Thanx
Code:
awk -F"/" 'a[$NF]{print a[$NF];print $0;next}{a[$NF]=$0}' file

Explanation:

Code:
{a[$NF]=$0}

The value of array a is the current line, the index is the filename (last field : $NF).

Code:
a[$NF]{print a[$NF];print $0;next}

If a line has a file ($NF) defined in array a, print the the saved line of the element a[$NF] and the current line.

I hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CVSWeb - Directories listed but files not listed

I am using CVSWeb on HPUnix. When i access it, all directories are listed but files are not listed. I am getting the error "NOTE: There are 51 files, but none matches the current tag. " in tomcat sevrer log i am getting the message "rlog warning: Missing revision or branch number after -r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in a text file - whitespace problem.

Hi, Say I have this text file <copy.out> that contains a list of files/directories to be copied out to a different location. $ more copy.out dir1/file1 dir1/file2 dir1/file3 "dir1/white space" dir1/file4 If I do the following: $copy=`more copy.out` $echo $copy dir1/file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file

I have a list of mail ids in text file and want a ksh script that reads this text file and sends a mail to all mail ids with same subject line and content. I am using UX-HP machine and KSH. Thanks for help in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove Duplicate on file

How do we sort and remove duplicate on column 1,2 retaining the record with maximum date (in feild 3) for the file with following format. aaa|1234|2010-12-31 aaa|1234|2010-11-10 bbb|345|2011-01-01 ccc|346|2011-02-01 bbb|345|2011-03-10 aaa|1234|2010-01-01 Required Output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files listed in text file to new directory

I am trying to write a script that will copy all file listed in a text file (100s of file names) to a new directory Assume script will run with main as current working directory and I know how many files/lines will be in List.txt Im trying to work up a test script using this model Contents of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAmTheGrass
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files listed in text file

Hi Team, Here's the scenario, I have a text file called "file_list.txt". Its content is as follows. 111.tmp 112.tmp 113.tmp 114.tmp These files will present in "workdir" directory. It has many files. But only the files present in file_list.txt has to be deleted from the workdir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files listed in text file and redirect to new directory with same filename

I have a directory that is restricted and I cannot just copy the files need, but I can cat them and redirect them to a new directory. The files all have the date listed in them. If I perform a long listing and grep for the date (150620) I can redirect that output to a text file. Now I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trigger467
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to delete the junk files from a directory which are not listed in a TEXT file

Hello Everyone, I want to delete the image files from a directory, which are not listed in a TEXT file. The directory contains large number of image files (in millions) required / not required. I want to delete the image files which are "not required". I have generated a Text file having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I custom sort the files in a directory using the filenames in a text file.?

Hi all, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMusunuru
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)