Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris can go out to internet Post 302365793 by solaris_user on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 04:59:09 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
You can configure the dhcp client not to set its hostname to "unknown" when no name is supplied by the dhcp server.
how , i am using solaris for only few months

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8

I have cable and Solaris 8 (Intel Ver.) and a Compaq NC3121 Fast Ethernet NIC How do I connect to the internet? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

5. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet

Hello! I'm having trouble getting this to work so I ask kindly if I can get some help to get it to work, please :). I installed Solaris 10 (nov 06) on a laptop and I been trying to get it to connect to the router (wired connection) and it doesn't work. I have a 2wire 2700HG router that has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RemoL
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

9. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)