Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program to execute shell script Post 302365702 by baigmd on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 09:39:43 PM
Old 10-27-2009
C program to execute Shell script with arguments

Hi,

Can anyone help with the below code. I am trying to execute Shell script with arguments in C program but it is giving errors.

Code:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
 int count;
 for (count = 1; count < argc; count++)
 {
   return system("/tmp/lab5.sh ", argv[count]);
 }
 return 0;
}

Last edited by pludi; 10-28-2009 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a program at expect script

what i need is that after passwordless enter another program should execute. I can succeed passwordless login but ı could not execute (./son) program. pls help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C program to execute shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls give a sample to execute a shell script from C program Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baigmd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program from Shell

Hi I want to create a shell script tha executes a C program and then retrieves information about it. I managed to run the program with: #!/bin/bash gcc -o program program.c ./program Now i want to get the id of the process (pid) Any help would be appreciated, Thank you (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a unix shell script from a java program

Hi All, well , i am facing this problem.. i have tried a few sample codes but there isn't any solution . could anyone please give a sample code as of how to do this... Please see the below details...and read the details carefully. I have written some code, logic is 1)from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to execute a program to rename files

I just can't figure it out , so please just give me a pice of advise how to: The existing Linux program foo2bar takes as its only argument the name of a single foo file and converts it to an appropriately-named bar file. Provide a script that when executed will run foo2bar against all foo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raymen
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute C program in Current shell

Hello, I have a c program executable which I need to run inside a shell script. But the c program runs in a subshell because of which all the actions done by the c program is not available to the current shell. Is there any way to execute a C program binary executable in the current shell? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinverma
4 Replies
FBB::repeat(3bobcat)					      repeated function calls					      FBB::repeat(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::repeat - call a (member) function a fixed number of times SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/repeat> DESCRIPTION
The FBB::repeat function template allows a function or member function to be called a certain number of times. The functions or member functions may define arguments. Arguments to these functions are specified when repeat is called, and are perfectly forwarded by the repeat function template to the (member) function called by repeat. The first argument of the repeat function template defines the number of times the (member) function must be called. The FBB::repeat function template are defined inline, allowing the compiler to `optimize away' the repeat function call itself. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- REPEAT FUNCTION TEMPLATE
The repeat function template is declared as: template <typename Counter, typename First, typename ...Params> void repeat(Counter counter, First &&first, Params &&...params); In this declaration, o Counter represents the counter's type. Usually an int or size_t. When calling repeat counter must be initialized to the number of times repeat must call the (member) function (see below); o First represents the prototype of a function or the name of a class. name of a class. Likewise, first either is the address (name) of the function to be called or the name of an object of class type First. In the latter case the object may or may not be a const object. o ...Params represents the set of parameter types of arguments which must be perfectly forwarded to the called function. If first rep- resents a class type object, the first argument must be the address of a member function of the class First. EXAMPLES
#include <iostream> #include <iterator> #include <algorithm> #include "../repeat" using namespace std; using namespace FBB; class Object { public: void member(int argc, char **argv) const; void member2(size_t &rept, int argc, char **argv); }; void Object::member(int argc, char **argv) const { cout << "member called "; copy(argv, argv + argc, ostream_iterator<char const *>(cout, " ")); } void Object::member2(size_t &rept, int argc, char **argv) { cout << "member2 called, iteration " << rept++ << " "; copy(argv, argv + argc, ostream_iterator<char const *>(cout, " ")); } void fun() { cout << "Fun called "; } int main(int argc, char **argv) { Object object; cout << " " "*** The number of arguments determines the repeat-count *** "; cout << "Fun without arguments: "; repeat(argc, fun); cout << "Object receiving argc and argv: "; repeat(argc, object, &Object::member, argc, argv); cout << "Object receiving argc and argv, showing the iteration count: "; size_t count = 0; repeat(argc, object, &Object::member2, count, argc, argv); Object const obj; cout << "Const Object receiving argc and argv: "; repeat(argc, obj, &Object::member, argc, argv); } FILES
bobcat/repeat - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7) BUGS
Be careful when using overloaded functions, as the template argument resolution mechanism may be unable to determine which function to call. If overloaded functions must be used, a static_cast is likely required to disambiguate your intentions. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::repeat(3bobcat)