Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get the mouse wheel to work without root privilege Post 302365658 by Corona688 on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 06:13:08 PM
Old 10-27-2009
I believe xmodmap can do it. The order of these buttons may not be entirely right but a bit of experimentation might find the order you need. xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 4 5"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wheel Mouse

Hi Everyone, Just a short question. I have SuSe linux 7.1 and need configure my logitech wheel mouse. My left and right mouse button works but not the wheel. Does anyone have any Ideas??? Thanks Peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peterh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse wheel...

Hello. I've got round to installing RedHat 7.1, and i have this slight problem. I'm not able to use my mouse wheel. Is this just not possible in RedHat or is there a way to configure my mouse so i can use my mouse wheel. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr-Pixie
1 Replies

3. Solaris

root privilege

Hello All, I need your help to know how i can give regular user ALL root privileges. If there is any way pleas help me :) Regards, Ahmad (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad_one
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear friends, My mouse can not work in my Solaris 10 machine. The mouse itself is OK, i can use it without problems in my colleagues' Unixs. I outstationed for a few weeks, after came back, it can not work already. The cursor will float in the centre of my screen and can never move,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear frends, My mouse in Solaris 10 machine has just failed today. The mouse itself is physically Ok, I can use it in my colleagues' Unix. In my own box, the cursor is just floating in the centre of screen. Any suggestions? Any method to check / modify hardware in solaris 10? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Root privilege for user

Can anyone please tell how to give root privilege to a normal user in solaris 10? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keyboard and mouse dont work after sometime from boot in linux.

when i started booting linux ,after sometime both the mouse and the keyboard are getting freeze and wont respond(also the system gets hanged and all the process running dont go forward) ,nothing seem to work. Keeping in mind that it will work after sometime ,i waited for one hour also ,but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Ray Mouse Scroll Wheel

Have a user on a Solaris 10 sunray CDE environment her mouse wheel will not scroll up or down in windows it will paste but not scroll. Other users logged into sunray have no issues with mouse wheel. Any ideas on what the fix could be? Thanks:) ---------- Post updated at 08:19 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nite2viper
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Block any root Privilege

Hey is there any method (base on kernel) to block adding any root Privilege? only "root" account allow on system and no one can add new root Privilege, ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
UMS(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     UMS(4)

NAME
ums -- USB mouse driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ums device uhci device ohci device usb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ums_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ums driver provides support for mice that attach to the USB port. Supported are mice with any number of buttons and mice with a wheel. The /dev/ums0 device presents the mouse as a sysmouse or mousesystems type device. See moused(8) for an explanation of these mouse types. FILES
/dev/ums0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
Use the first USB mouse on the system as your console mouse: moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto To be able to use the USB mouse under X, change the "Pointer" section in xorg.conf to the following: Device /dev/ums0 Protocol Auto If you want to be able to use the mouse in both virtual consoles as well as in X change it to: Device /dev/sysmouse Protocol Auto SEE ALSO
ohci(4), sysmouse(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xorg.conf(5) (ports/x11/xorg), moused(8) AUTHORS
The ums driver was written by Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> for NetBSD and was adopted for FreeBSD by MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp>. This manual page was written by Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org> with input from Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>. BSD November 27, 2006 BSD