Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting setting a variable, using SSH and awk? Post 302365644 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 05:20:03 PM
Old 10-27-2009
Code:
VAR=`ssh server1 "dmidecode|grep \"Manufacturer:\"|head -1|sed s/^.*Manufacturer:.//|awk '{print \$1}' "`

But you should be able to do it all with ONLY one awk - no need for grep/head/sed/etc...
What's the sample output of 'dmidecode'?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting SSH port

How can I switch the port which SSH listens on? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. AIX

ssh setting

I would like to implement the secure shell environment in order for me to close all telnet and ftp ports. 1) Anyone can assist to give me a steps of what to do so that I can implement the ssh on my AIX5.3 server. 2) Currently I have installed putty in my PC to replace telnet directly into the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk using ssh variable?

I have a file named Atoms that has a list of atoms listed vertically, like: O C Na etc. There is a variable number of them. I want to count their occurences in another file. I want to do this by saving each atom as a variable, preferabbly in an associative array, then counting how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RisingSun
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Setting up SSH - first time

Good day to you all. I have a server (running on SunOS 5.8) that i always got into via telnet. I have eventually decided to block telnet access to it and instead look toward using SSH. The problem is, whne i establish the SSH connection via PuTTy, i get the "Log in as" prompt, but upon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variable in awk

Dear all, I have a data sample... Dose: Summed ROI: Bladder ************************** Bin Dose Volume 001 0.700 100.000 002 0.715 99.998 168 3.142 0.368 169 3.157 0.338 170 3.171 0.292 Dose: Summed ROI:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to ssh from variable in flat file

flat file looks like ooss-pfgg-1234,vol_name_1, mail-list decoded = hostname,volum_name,mail_list each line has diff info am trying to ssh into each fist field, check vol usage for second field, and if greater than 90% send mail to mail-list got the second and third part working, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riegersteve
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Eliminating white space while setting variable

Hi, I have a large flat file from host without delimiter. I'm transforming this file to a csv file using statements like # Row 03: Customer / field position 3059 +20 WOFABNAM=substr( $0, 3059, 20 ); and deleting the trailing whitespaces before and after with that sub( /^ +/, "",... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celald
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk for setting variable but change the output of this variable within awk

Hi all, Hope someone can help me out here. I have this BASH script (see below) My problem lies with the variable path. The output of the command find will give me several fields. The 9th field is the path. I want to captured that and the I want to filter this to a specific level. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a shell script variable in awk

The following is part of a larger shell script grep -v "Col1" my_test.log | grep -v "-" | awk '$5 == "Y" {print $1}' instead of printing, can I set set $1 to a variable that the rest of the shell script can read? if $5 == Y, I want to call another shell script and pass $1 as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Removing extra character when setting variable

I have a data file d0 that looks like this: $cat d0 server1 running -n-cv- 8G 3.1% 1435d 15h server2 running -n---- 8G 39% 660d 22h server3 running -n--v- 8G 2.5% 1173d 6h server4 running -n---- 8G 1.1% 1048d 20h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake0391S
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)