Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help parsing txt with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help parsing txt with awk Post 302365278 by yomaya on Monday 26th of October 2009 01:50:10 PM
Old 10-26-2009
Wow...

I think I'm definitely missing too much with awk... Could you please briefly give me some insights on this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk-files in a txt

There is a file that contains access's data to a web server. Each line of the file (it's big) it's : IP Client - - "Command Path Protocol" code size "client software" Example,for the first line: IP Client is 67.195.37.107, date-hour is , Command Path Protocol is "Get /papers/ISO4nm.pdf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark_orig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing txt file, saving graphics files

hi everyone, i am a newbie in shell programming. and i want to simply go through a text file that contains 3 "columns", split by ';' customerID ; link-to-contract ; save-as-filename so an example would simply look like this now i want to loop through every line, and save the file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confidence
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing txt, xml files and preparing csv file

Hi, I need to parse text, xml files to get the statistic numbers and prepare summary csv file. What is the best way to parse these file and prepare csv file. Any idea you have , please? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Parsing a UNIX txt to separate files

I have a requirement to parse a dataflex .txt file and break it into separate files within the Windows server env. Is there any special characters I should pay particular attention on the unix side? Any ideas? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kicklinr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a txt file according to two different tags

I need to parse a txt file like below. starts from the first occurence of SASN2010Aber.CallEventRecord.egsnPDPRecord { till the last occurence of } in other saying name of the part(header) is SASN2010Aber.CallEventRecord.egsnPDPRecord and the content of the header is in two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snr_silencer
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)