Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script for showing last users Post 302365270 by thegeek on Monday 26th of October 2009 01:26:19 PM
Old 10-26-2009
1. sort by name

name occurs in the second field, so specify that field to sort.

Code:
sort -k 2

2. What do you mean by predetermining ? Cant understand that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash/awk scripting help (creating OLD new users)

I need some help making this script... I guess I'm having trouble even interpretating what to even get started on... I need to create a script that will search a given directory (typically a user's home directory, but not necessarily) as provided on the command line and any sub-directors for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jukai
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing offline users

Hi, Is there any command for showing offline users? The only way I can think of doing it (as i cant find a command) is getting a list of all the online users, and comparing it to /etc/passwd, anything that is in /etc/passwd and not in the users file will be offline users. But I have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help showing which network protocol users use.

I'm having a bit of a trouble trying to figure out how to tell which network protocol users HAVE been logging in with. I know how to find this information for currently logged in users : maximillian.gardner@syccuxfs01:~> who joseph.blosser pts/0 2012-01-15 14:07 (198.107.160.185)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximillian.g
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script in bash wchich creating a new users...

Hi, I am a new on this forum but i like :) I need a script in bash which will be crating a new user with folder for websites. For example: I will run this program and he creating a new user(with my name) and folder whcich name like user and if i will localho/~user in browser, she show me files from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puclavv
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About adding users from a text file using bash

hello, I try to add users from a text file with this form: username:groupename:homedir first i extract data which is separated by ":" then i use useradd to add users/groups. but,,, my code doesn't works : #!/bin/bash echo "give me a text file: " read dir # control if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ref012
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort - A Visitor for sorting a Tree::Simple object heirarchy SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort; # create a visitor object my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort->new(); $tree->accept($visitor); # the tree is now sorted ascii-betically # set the sort function to # use a numeric comparison $visitor->setSortFunction($visitor->NUMERIC); $tree->accept($visitor); # the tree is now sorted numerically # set a custom sort function $visitor->setSortFunction(sub { my ($left, $right) = @_; lc($left->getNodeValue()->{name}) cmp lc($right->getNodeValue()->{name}); }); $tree->accept($visitor); # the tree's node are now sorted appropriately DESCRIPTION
This implements a recursive multi-level sort of a Tree::Simple heirarchy. I think this deserves some more explaination, and the best way to do that is visually. Given the tree: 1 1.3 1.2 1.2.2 1.2.1 1.1 4 4.1 2 2.1 3 3.3 3.2 3.1 A normal sort would produce the following tree: 1 1.1 1.2 1.2.1 1.2.2 1.3 2 2.1 3 3.1 3.2 3.3 4 4.1 A sort using the built-in REVERSE sort function would produce the following tree: 4 4.1 3 3.3 3.2 3.1 2 2.1 1 1.3 1.2 1.2.2 1.2.1 1.1 As you can see, no node is moved up or down from it's current depth, but sorted with it's siblings. Flexible customized sorting is possible within this framework, however, this cannot be used for tree-balancing or anything as complex as that. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" and "setSortFunction" methods to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the sort as well. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as it's $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are sorted. This can be used to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. setSortFunction ($sort_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as it's $sort_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. The $sort_function is used by perl's builtin "sort" routine to sort each level of the tree. The $sort_function is passed two Tree::Simple objects, and must return 1 (greater than), 0 (equal to) or -1 (less than). The sort function will override and bypass any node filters which have been applied (see "setNodeFilter" method above), they cannot be used together. Several pre-built sort functions are provided. All of these functions assume that calling "getNodeValue" on the Tree::Simple object will return a suitable sortable value. REVERSE This is the reverse of the normal sort using "cmp". NUMERIC This uses the numeric comparison operator "<=>" to sort. REVERSE_NUMERIC The reverse of the above. ALPHABETICAL This lowercases the node value before using "cmp" to sort. This results in a true alphabetical sorting. REVERSE_ALPHABETICAL The reverse of the above. If you need to implement one of these sorting routines, but need special handling of your Tree::Simple objects (such as would be done with a node filter), I suggest you read the source code and copy and modify your own sort routine. If it is requested enough I will provide this feature in future versions, but for now I am not sure there is a large need. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. It should be noted that this is a destructive action, since the sort happens in place and does not produce a copy of the tree. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Vitor Mori for the idea and much of the code for this Visitor. AUTHORS
Vitor Mori, <vvvv767@hotmail.com> stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Vitor Mori & Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::Sort(3pm)