Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How many connection can a user make? Post 302365233 by dplinux on Monday 26th of October 2009 11:34:34 AM
Old 10-26-2009
How many connection can a user make?

Where do i check how many connection a same user name can make to a UNIX/AIX system.
for examples
root login from local physical machine
root login from LAN via telnet at the same time
root login from internet via telnet also at the same time..

where do i check and how do i change this ?

"IT'S NOT WHO I AM BUT WHAT I DO DEFINES ME"
"DIPANKUMAR PATEL"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow a user (pcany like connection)

Can anyone give me a clue as to where to begin on shadowing users. Often, I get there is an error, or a user just can't see on the screen where I am describing a particular function or menu item is. Is there a way I can backdoor in and type for them or at least be able to see their screen?????????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Connection per user

Hello, Our user using xterm to connect to out host. How to limit the number of connection per user connecting to our host? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make sure connection

We have two servers , one is mount to another server , I am worry if the server is unstable , the connection ( mount ) will be broken , or when the server is rebooted , the connection will also be broken , can advise how can I make sure the mount is establish , can advise if I want to do the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to make a script that checks connection protocol

Hello all, I currently connect to several servers multiple times a day. Most of the time I connect via SSH through the terminal emulator poderosa (my personal favorite), but sometimes I connect via telnet through xstart because I need it to export a GUI. What I want to do is add something to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to make connection to various hosts

Guys If someone could help me? Basically I want to connect from my central server and run the script to remote servers (in our environment we do not need a username/password to connect); like below ssh <server_name_1> /ora/rman/scripts/bk2.sh 2>/dev/null >> /tmp/an.log ssh <server_name_2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

SMB Connection Resolve to AD, Point to User Share

I've got an unusual problem that deals with connecting via SMB under Snow Leopard, to a directory share with over 1,000 users. When I connect to the main directory share, the next level reveals 1,000 users, but I'd like to have the connection identify me as a registered user in AD at the time of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

8. Web Development

Restrict user for certain number of connection

Hello, I need help in Apache to restrict user for number of concurrent connection. its basically related to nagios monitoring site. End user opening N no of tab to monitor and it increase load on server. any setting will help me here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux

Hello, i configured rhel linux 6 with AD directory to authorize windows users to connect on the system and it works. i have accounts with high privileges (oracle for example) if an account is created on the AD server i would to block him. I looked for how to do, for the moment all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincenzo
3 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)