Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter on a grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter on a grep Post 302365169 by Franklin52 on Monday 26th of October 2009 07:57:03 AM
Old 10-26-2009
You can try something like this to filter the result:

Code:
sed 's/.*\.\(.*\)_.*/\1/'

Even this before the grep command:

Code:
sed -n '/nco_p_syslog/ s/.*\.\(.*\)_.*/\1/p'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter results through pipe with grep

ls -ltr | grep string How can I use regular expressions to filter the results provided even more. I am using the above command as a reference. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckandreou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep script to filter

Hi, Wondering if anyone could help me with a simple script to filter out multiple things from a file. Right now I just have long lines of grep -v remove file | greg -v etc etc What I would like to do is have grep -v <run everything in a file> tofilter If that makes sense. Basically a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter grep command

I have ran into a small issue and I am not sure how to fix it. In one of our current scripts we have this line which does a grep to get the pid of the process. ps -ef | grep nco_p_syslog | grep $x | awk '{print $2}' However this is not returning anything due to the how long the value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to build a grep/sed/awk filter

Hi I need to to direct only the path and the name of the trace file to a new file. How do I use grep/awk/sed filter? eg. ABC.root>cat alert_omc_dg.log | grep trc ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/oradata/omc/udump/omc_dg_ora_3555.trc. ORA-00060: Deadlock detected. More... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geetap
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How set filter netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''

Hi, I can write sh script for Linux platform I run: netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED but result: # netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 172.16.1.107:383 172.16.1.81:49981 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ostapv
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter non-alpha character with grep/regexp

Hi all, I am trying to filter out those lines that contain a "non-alpha" character. An example of my input is the following: zygnematales grb zygocactus grb zygocactus_truncatus plt zygodactyl_foot prt zygoma prt zygomatic prt zygomatic_arch prt zygomatic_bone ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex filter

Hi, How can I run the grep search in a script to only include compute, not bigcomputer in following search input? " properties = local compute" " properties = local bigcompute" Thank you. -j (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Filter using grep, awk or sed

Hi, I'm not very familiar witrh sed or awk and hope the somebody can help me to solve my problem. I need to filter a text report using grep, sed or awk. I would like to cut out text lines with the pattern INFO and if exists the following lines of the pattern DETAILS. I need te keep the lines with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankg
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter pattern in grep command

Hi, I am having a file like below hello how are you hello... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)