Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to read keys from USB keyboard on AT91SAM9260 Post 302365147 by siva4ever on Monday 26th of October 2009 06:47:54 AM
Old 10-26-2009
How to read keys from USB board

I have enabled Generic Input Layer, under Input Device Support in Device Drivers.

But still I can not use USB key board as stdin.

Have I missed something else?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB keyboard in Solaris

I have a USB keyboard/mouse combo hooked up to an x86 box and when it loads the mouse works fine, but the ctrl, shift, alt, and i think the function keys don't do anything. Is there a setting I need to change, or a way to manually configure them. There are no drivers, it is supposed to emulate a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winzernotman
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read arrow keys on really old bash?

I would like to get a script to respond to arrow key presses to scroll up and down a menu. The platform is CDLinux which uses a prehistoric version of bash, version 1.14.7. I would like to do something like "read -sn 1 keyin" but the "read" command is so primative that it only has the -r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simonb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect USB keyboard and other peripherals

Hi there, I have a Debian machine without any peripherals (no screen, no keyboard, etc.). I'd like to be able to detect and log when someone plugs a USB keyboard. Something like : 2009-07-04 12:21 warning: keyboard pluged! Is that possible? I see two ways : 1. Either actively react to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

4. SCO

SCO 6.0-Keys in keyboard function differently

Sir I have HP installed with SCO 6.0. The problems are (1) some keys in board like 'del' 'backspace', 'pageup/dn" do not function and display some special characters on conole. (2) Files transferred from Windows machine invariably contain control Z/M characters. How to resolve these issues. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Keys on Keyboard stop working

Hello, I hope I put this in the right forum... I searched for similar threads, but I couldn't find any that seem to deal with the problem I am having. My workplace is using (among other Solaris-machines) Dell Dimension T3500 as workstations (running Solaris 10 X86 10/09 u8,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: areichart
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read from terminal/keyboard > /dev/tty

Hi, I need to provide more than one character to "> /dev/tty" through terminal/keyboard input, I have this: ok=false while do echo " Enter r1 to reformat " > /dev/tty read choice case $choice in ) echo " bla bla bla " ;; done However, in this way,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input keyboard keys upon program launch

Hey guys, first post! I want to write a script that will wait 1 second and then input the keys CTRL+ALT+J to the application i just opened. The program is dosbox, and thay key combination starts video recording :) I have no idea how to program this, can anyone help please? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunobliss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read won't run keyboard function

I am using while read do/ done to retrieve menu item. Works as advertised, no problem. I am using this hack function "pause" to stop script execution and wait for keyboard "enter" key to continue. Sort of break point function. Also works fine with one exception - it does not work when used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Configure X windows with both keyboard and USB barcode reader

Greetings. Seeking guidance on adding a USB barcode reader (BCR) to an HP c3750 workstation with HP-UX 11.11 which is essentially configuring X windows to accept input from both a primary keyboard and a secondary keyboard that happens to be the BCR. Historically, I have successfully added a BCR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnkaltenbach
2 Replies
Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)

Device::USB::DevInterface
       This class encapsulates a USB Device Interface and the methods that object would support.

NAME
Device::USB::DevInterface - Access a device interface returned by libusb. VERSION
Version 0.11 SYNOPSIS
Device::USB:DevInterface provides a Perl object for accessing an interface of a configuration of a USB device using the libusb library. use Device::USB; my $usb = Device::USB->new(); my $dev = $usb->find_device( $VENDOR, $PRODUCT ); printf "Device: %04X:%04X ", $dev->idVendor(), $dev->idProduct(); $dev->open(); my $cfg = $dev->config()->[0]; my $inter = $cfg->interfaces()->[0]; print "Interface:", $inter->bInterfaceNumber(), " name: ", $dev->get_string_simple($iter->iInterface()), ": endpoint count: ", $inter->nNumEndpoints(), " "; See USB specification for an explanation of the attributes of an interface. DESCRIPTION
This module defines a Perl object that represents the data associated with a USB device configuration's interface. The object provides read-only access to the important data associated with the interface. METHODS There are several accessor methods that return data from the interface. Each is named after the field that they return. These accessors include: bInterfaceNumber The 0-based number of this interface. bAlternateSetting Value used to select this alternate setting for the interface specified in bInterfaceNumber. bNumEndpoints Number of endpoints (excluding endpoint 0) available on this interface. If the value is 0, only the control interface is supported. bInterfaceClass Class code as specified by the USB-IF. A value of 0xff is a vendor-specific interface class. bInterfaceSubClass Subclass code specified by the USB-IF. If bInterfaceClass is not 0xff, this field must use only subclasses specified by the USB-IF. bInterfaceProtocol The InterfaceProtocol as specified by the USB-IF. A value of 0xff uses a vendor-specific protocol. iInterface Returns the index of the string descriptor describing this interface. The string can be retrieved using the method "Device::USB::Device::get_string_simple". endpoints Returns a list of endpoint objects associated with this interface. DIAGNOSTICS
This is an explanation of the diagnostic and error messages this module can generate. DEPENDENCIES
This module depends on the Carp, Inline and Inline::C modules, as well as the strict and warnings pragmas. Obviously, libusb must be available since that is the entire reason for the module's existence. AUTHOR
G. Wade Johnson (wade at anomaly dot org) Paul Archer (paul at paularcher dot org) Houston Perl Mongers Group BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-device-usb@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Device::USB>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks go to various members of the Houston Perl Mongers group for input on the module. But thanks mostly go to Paul Archer who proposed the project and helped with the development. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Houston Perl Mongers This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2008-06-02 Device::USB::DevInterface(3pm)