Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process Post 302365098 by vishwamitra on Monday 26th of October 2009 02:12:56 AM
Old 10-26-2009
try the command called top ..otherwise you could downlaod a tool called powertop and give the command powertop on the command line once it is installed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for logging cpu and memory usage of a Linux process

I am looking for a way to log and graphically display cpu and RAM usage of linux processes over time. Since I couldn't find a simple tool to so (I tried zabbix and munin but installation failed) I started writing a shell script to do so The script file parses the output of top command through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_dufresne
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
POWERTOP(8)							  powertop manual						       POWERTOP(8)

NAME
powertop - a power consumption and power management diagnosis tool. SYNOPSIS
powertop [ options ] DESCRIPTION
powertop is a program that helps to diagnose various issues with power consumption and power management. It also has an interactive mode allowing one to experiment with various power management settings. When invoking powertop without arguments powertop starts in interactive mode. OPTIONS
--csv[=FILENAME] generate a CSV report. If a filename is not specified then the default name "powertop.csv" is used. The CSV report can be used for reporting and data analysis. --calibrate runs powertop in calibration mode. When running on battery, powertop can track power consumption as well as system activity. When there are enough measurements, powertop can start to report power estimates. One can get more accurate estimates by using this option to enable a calibration cycle. This will cycle through various display levesl and USB device activities and workloads. --debug run in "debug" mode. --extech=devnode use the Extech Power Analyzer for measurements. This allows one to specify the serial device node of the serial to USB adaptor con- necting to the Extech Power Analyzer, for example /dev/ttyUSB0. --help show the help message. --html[=FILENAME] generate an HTML report. If a filename is not specified then the default name "powertop.html" is used. The HTML report can be sent to others to help diagnose power issues. --iteration[=iterations] number of times to run each test. --time[=seconds] generate a report for a specified number of seconds. --version print version information and exit. BUGS
Send bug reports to <powertop@lists.01.org> SEE ALSO
The program is more fully described at https://01.org/powertop AUTHOR
powertop was written by Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>, and is currently maintained by Chris E Ferron <chris.e.fer- ron@linux.intel.com>. Linux June 1, 2012 POWERTOP(8)