Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris10 x86 stop at GRUB
Operating Systems Solaris solaris10 x86 stop at GRUB Post 302364991 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 25th of October 2009 04:19:34 AM
Old 10-25-2009
go and download the latest solaris 10 version... yours is rather old. there have been a lot of enhancements in the newer versions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 on external drives

Hi guys. Am about to install Solaris10 x86 and I was wondering if there are any news as to whether it is possible or not to install the os on an external drive, especially firewire, I suppose I will have to open my tower and put in the drive to install it..the machine I want to put it on,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSDDomi
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris X86 grub boot menu

I have a x4200 m2 that I've installed Solaris 10 on. I've created a raid 1 mirror using disk0 and disk1. I'm trying to add the mirror bootblk to the grub menu so in case of a failure of disk0, I can simply boot from the mirrored disk1. I'm looking for the syntax to add the alternate boot path to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to load a Sunix/Initio Sata card on Solaris10/x86

Hi All, Anyone has configured a Sunix Sata S150 card (AKA Initio Inic-1622) + disk in a Solaris10/x86 05/09 system? I wondered what to do to get it running. The Sunix card does not come with a Solaris driver ;-( The card is seen by the system as the prtconf -v output shows (see below at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't have the GRUB menu for solaris x86 installation

Dears, I'm trying to install solaris x86 on sun x4170 M2 I started connecting consol to the machine but when I do the reset /SYS command nothing changed I can see that the /SYS is powered on but I can get the GRUB menu to start the installation of the solaris. the solaris DVD is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engwzwz
2 Replies

8. Solaris

X86 solaris10 suddenly stopped mounting flashdrive

I can't mount flash drives and dvd drives on my x86 solaris 10. The error message appears after login; sd_media_watch_cb: dev gone. When I issue #mount /usb, it first shows disk is mounted or busy, and '/dev/dsk/c3t0d0p1 - there is no such device or address' when I repeat it. But the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris10(x86) display goes blank

Hi all, Installed Solaris10(1/13) on a normal Lenovo Thinkcenter desktop. The installation could proceed only in text mode (4). Install is success, but not able to get the login window after the grub screen. The screen goes blank. (as was the case when selecting desktop mode during... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris_Begin
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)