Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not matching files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not matching files Post 302364986 by protocomm on Sunday 25th of October 2009 03:16:42 AM
Old 10-25-2009
Code:
var="$(ls -lrt folder | awk 'NF>3{print $NF}')";echo "$var" >>a.txt;cat a.txt | sort | uniq -u

result:

Code:
file3.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and combining two files

Hi, How can I match the first two fields of file2 against the first two fields of file1 and where they match combine the two lines. If the name (example-Aidan Rielly) is in file1 but not in file2 then just write the info from file1 to the combined output file. If the name (example-Silvia... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: p3t3r
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching 2 files

Hi, I am able to modify files (one file) but I have a hard time working with multiple files simultaneously. So I have two files. Basically I want to match two files based on certain columns. Both files are tab-seperated. File1 looks something like this: num1 89 george num4 78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching 2 files

Hi I am able to match two files (fileA and B) based on the first column using this line. awk -F"/t" 'NR == FNR { A = $0; next } A { print $0 FS A }' However I now need to match the two files (files A and B) based on two columns. On top of that, for those that dont match, I want it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help, matching 2 files into one

I'm newbie with AWK. What I'm trying to do is matching file1 and file2 into a file3 with records listed in columns with pipe as delimiter. The thing is the file1 has thousands of records while file2 has very few. But I want the file3 to show all records in file1 and with data from file2 to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmeasel7
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching corresponding columns in two different files

Hi to all, I have two separated files: FILE1 "V1" "V2" "V3" Mary James Nicole Robert Francisco Sophie Nancy Antony Matt Josephine Louise Rose Mark Simon Charles FILE2 "V1" "V2" "V3"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eleonoral
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching two files

Hello, I need to match one file with another. The best would be to give an example. File 1 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 F 6 File 2 A 5 6 2 B 3 2 1 F 4 2 9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gisele_l
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching the rows in 2 files

I have a file like this AFF3 BCL2 AGTRAP BRAF AHRR NCOA2 AKAP9 BRAF And second input file like this chromosome start end gene chr1 38177326 38664955 AFF3 chr4 148077060 148088064 AGTRAP chr13 74211117 74292309 AHRR chr5 3928185 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)