Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris10 x86 stop at GRUB
Operating Systems Solaris solaris10 x86 stop at GRUB Post 302364985 by jineetech on Sunday 25th of October 2009 02:42:17 AM
Old 10-25-2009
solaris 5.10

#uname -m shows solaris 5.10 Generic120012-14 32 bit

grub version 0.95 and grub menu showing followings

Solaris 10 8/07 S10 xu4wos_12b x86
solaris failsafe

if i selecting 1st menu it stops at Grub or restating the machine.
if selecting fail its booting and can able to mount / to /a

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 on external drives

Hi guys. Am about to install Solaris10 x86 and I was wondering if there are any news as to whether it is possible or not to install the os on an external drive, especially firewire, I suppose I will have to open my tower and put in the drive to install it..the machine I want to put it on,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSDDomi
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris X86 grub boot menu

I have a x4200 m2 that I've installed Solaris 10 on. I've created a raid 1 mirror using disk0 and disk1. I'm trying to add the mirror bootblk to the grub menu so in case of a failure of disk0, I can simply boot from the mirrored disk1. I'm looking for the syntax to add the alternate boot path to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to load a Sunix/Initio Sata card on Solaris10/x86

Hi All, Anyone has configured a Sunix Sata S150 card (AKA Initio Inic-1622) + disk in a Solaris10/x86 05/09 system? I wondered what to do to get it running. The Sunix card does not come with a Solaris driver ;-( The card is seen by the system as the prtconf -v output shows (see below at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris10 x86 - How to find out the CPU model and speed?

Please let me know if there is any way I can find out (either via command line or SMF) the following: 1.CPU model (eg. Pentium 4,Celeron) 2.CPU speed (eg. 1GHz) for this I could get the output through psrinfo -v, but still is there any other way? 3.Hard disk model (eg. Seagate). When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't have the GRUB menu for solaris x86 installation

Dears, I'm trying to install solaris x86 on sun x4170 M2 I started connecting consol to the machine but when I do the reset /SYS command nothing changed I can see that the /SYS is powered on but I can get the GRUB menu to start the installation of the solaris. the solaris DVD is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engwzwz
2 Replies

8. Solaris

X86 solaris10 suddenly stopped mounting flashdrive

I can't mount flash drives and dvd drives on my x86 solaris 10. The error message appears after login; sd_media_watch_cb: dev gone. When I issue #mount /usb, it first shows disk is mounted or busy, and '/dev/dsk/c3t0d0p1 - there is no such device or address' when I repeat it. But the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris10(x86) display goes blank

Hi all, Installed Solaris10(1/13) on a normal Lenovo Thinkcenter desktop. The installation could proceed only in text mode (4). Install is success, but not able to get the login window after the grub screen. The screen goes blank. (as was the case when selecting desktop mode during... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris_Begin
7 Replies
GRUB(8)                                                                 FSF                                                                GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)