Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check whether the value changes or not! Post 302364951 by marcus_kosaman on Saturday 24th of October 2009 04:33:15 PM
Old 10-24-2009
Thanks for the response! The script is run manually by me only to check for the changed value

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to check if some ip is taken ?

hello is there any tool in unix that will indicate if some ip is already taken by other machine? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if it's there

Dear, I want to check if the file in the if code is there, but I don't know how to do it? if Can someone assist me please? Thanks! kopie() { echo " Geef de naam van bestand + plaats vanwaar gekopieerd moet worden en waarnaar : " echo -n " Plaats : " read plaats ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in and check out comments

Hi Do you know how can I get all check in and check out comments for a period of time with Surround SCM CLI ---------- Post updated at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:56 AM ---------- Do you have NAnt tasks that allow us to access Evolution from an NAnt build script? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check

echo "2012-12-26--14.8224 2012-12-27--14.2898 2012-12-28--14.9180 2012-12-29--13.3637 2012-12-30--13.7091" the set of numbers i provided above is separated by spaces. how do i count how many sets there are? i tried: echo "2012-12-26--14.8224 2012-12-27--14.2898 2012-12-28--14.9180... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)