Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving files between directories using SFTP Post 302364832 by cjhancock on Saturday 24th of October 2009 05:45:30 AM
Old 10-24-2009
Hi silentbizob,

"...too much info"? No way - it all helps.

Thanks again (and stay tuned for my next dumb question - there's bound to be one soon!)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash and Awk for creating directories and moving files

I have a security system that FTPs the camera files to my machine, however I want to sort the pictures (taken every 30s) into directories by hour. Every picture uses the following file format. yymmddhhmmsstt.jpg (where tt is the milliseconds) I am thinking the for loop is best for file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiint
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files out of multiple directories and renaming them in numerical order

Hi, I have 500 directories each with multiple data files inside them. The names are sort of random. For example, one directory has files named e_1.dat, e_5.dat, e_8.dat, etc. I need to move the files to a single directory and rename them all in numerical order, from 1.dat to 1000(or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renthead720
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files between directories !!

hi i have a list of directory in a text file with all directories name in a column.(this is not exactly a file but i need to do a grep and awk on a file to find that list) i have the source folders like abchome/abc/xxyz/nl_xxabc/mm// v01 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu000
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from several directories into parent

I am fairly new to bash(but am proficient in C++), and have only completed a few simple scripts. This is my first script that I actually need to do a serious task. All of my audiobooks are stored in traditional MP3 format: Music/Artist/Album/*.mp3 (which in this case is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamendorf
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files to different directories

im trying to move media and other files which are in a specified directory to another directory and create another one if it does not exits(where the files will go),them also create a directory will the remaining files with different extensions will go.my first problem is that my script is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help Moving Long List Of Files Into Directories

I am very new to BASH and I am having difficulties moving a long list of image files into similarly named directories. I've been trying to come with a script all night and no luck. Here is what my list of files looks like: DSC_0059_01.jpg DSC_0059_02.jpg DSC_0059_03.jpg DSC_0059_04.jpg... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jowens1138
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Directories with Files from One Server to Other using sftp

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to connect to another server and copy directories from one server to another Directories on the Source server look like below (YYYY-MM-DD- 1 to 23) drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart 422 Sep 1 23:45 2014-09-01-18drwxr-xr-x 2 test_user dmfmart ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with moving files on remote server using sftp

I need to sftp a file ABC_sysdate.csv (File name with system date and timestamp) to a temporary directory on the remote server and once the file is copied I've to move the file from temporary directory to the main directory with the same name. I have to generate a new file every hour and repeat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinup
6 Replies
tuned(8)						   Adaptive system tuning daemon						  tuned(8)

NAME
tuned - dynamic adaptive system tuning daemon SYNOPSIS
tuned [options] DESCRIPTION
tuned is a dynamic adaptive system tuning daemon that tunes system settings dynamically depending on usage. OPTIONS
-c CONFFILE, --conffile=CONFFILE Specify the name and path of the configuration file. By default the /etc/tuned.conf is used. -d, --daemon This options starts tuned as a daemon as opposed to in the foreground without forking at startup. -D, --debug Sets the highest logging level. This could be very useful when having trouble with tuned. -h, --help Show this help. -l [LOG], --log[=LOG] Log to the file LOG. If no LOG file is specified /var/log/tuned/tuned.log is used. --no-dbus Do not attach to DBus. -P [PID], --pid[=PID] Write process ID to the PID file. If no PID file is specified /run/tuned/tuned.pid is used. -p PROFILE, --profile PROFILE Tunning profile to be activated. It will override other settings (e.g. from tuned-adm). This is intended for debugging pur- poses. -v, --version Show version information. FILES
/etc/tuned /usr/share/doc/tuned-*/README SEE ALSO
tuned.conf(5) tuned-adm(8) AUTHOR
Jan Kalua <jkaluza@redhat.com> Jan Velak <jvcelak@redhat.com> Jaroslav karvada <jskarvad@redhat.com> Phil Knirsch <pknirsch@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <power-management@lists.fedoraproject.org>. Fedora Power Management SIG 28 Mar 2012 tuned(8)