Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Text Search Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Text Search Scripting Post 302364641 by cfajohnson on Friday 23rd of October 2009 02:58:48 PM
Old 10-23-2009
Code:
sed 's|.*\(<field.*</field>\).*|\1|'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix search a string in the text file

File name : Sample.txt Actually i would like to read <schema>Oracle<schema> string from input file and return only once database as my output. Please advise me. Moved to appropriate forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in the same file using unix scripting file operations

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958(which is hostname) only,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Scripting help to input string and search a file to find

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12ic11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input within a file I know will have to use the read and grep commands, anyone can give me somewhere to start would help Task: Write a script to display which volume pool a given... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Don, this is not homework question. I work for a Credit card company and my development goal this year is to learn Unix. I would love if others can help me get started, thanks. Hi everyone I am new to Unix and need help writing a script that can ask user for an input, then search that input... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search a text in file and retrieve required lines following it with UNIX command?

I have requirement to search for a text in the file and retrieve required lines that is user defined with unix command. Eg: Find the text UNIX in the below file and need to return Test 8 & Test 9 Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 UNIX Test 5 Test 6 Test 7 Test 8 Test 9 Result can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunkumarsak4
8 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(1) 						  iptables 1.4.21						   IPTABLES-XML(1)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-XML(1)