Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directry create or not..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directry create or not.. Post 302364502 by Franklin52 on Friday 23rd of October 2009 08:19:33 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Is this homework?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to create new a/c that ...

how to create a new a/c and use it for webhosting such as my domain is blah.com and i wanan host blah.com on that a/c :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Create a fs

hello sorry but i'm beginning with solaris (i use Aix) How can I create a new filesystem with solaris 9 ? (and define the size ). I find newfs and mkfs but i don't know how use it Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete last line in all the file in a directry

Hi Friends, Following script will replace "prd123" to "tst123" for all the .csh file the directry. for i in *.csh echo '$i' do ex - ${i} <<EOF %s/prd123/tst123/g wq! EOF done Like this can I make a script which will delete the last line of all .csh file in the directry. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas_jena
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot create

i am creating a shell script to generate a file format. i want to register each and every activity in the log file. here are the commands which i have given, Don't know why i am getting error. v_log_loc="$APPLCSF/log"; export v_log_loc v_logfile=${p_po_requestid}_LOG; export v_logfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aindurkhya
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to create

Hi, I am new to solaris10. I want to add a user without prompting for any password, while logging to his machine Can someone tell me how to do that??? Thiru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove ^M characters recusrsively from all subdirectories and file in directry

Hi, First apologies for starting the old issue (already discussed in this forum). How can I remove ^M characters from a directory which contains lot of subdirectory and files (this includes jar, war, .xml, .properties etc). Noticeable is that, all files might not contain ^M characters. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

9. AIX

Do i create a new lv ?

Currently directory /home/apps/fs_1 on both servers A and B is mounted on /dev/hd1. I am assuming it should have separate filesystem, with its own lv as fs_1_lv to which /home/apps/fs_1 should be mounted, am I correct ? For Example: Server A: Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
DEBUGFS_CREATE_U16(9)					      The debugfs filesystem					     DEBUGFS_CREATE_U16(9)

NAME
debugfs_create_u16 - create a debugfs file that is used to read and write an unsigned 16-bit value SYNOPSIS
struct dentry * debugfs_create_u16(const char * name, mode_t mode, struct dentry * parent, u16 * value); ARGUMENTS
name a pointer to a string containing the name of the file to create. mode the permission that the file should have parent a pointer to the parent dentry for this file. This should be a directory dentry if set. If this parameter is NULL, then the file will be created in the root of the debugfs filesystem. value a pointer to the variable that the file should read to and write from. DESCRIPTION
This function creates a file in debugfs with the given name that contains the value of the variable value. If the mode variable is so set, it can be read from, and written to. This function will return a pointer to a dentry if it succeeds. This pointer must be passed to the debugfs_remove function when the file is to be removed (no automatic cleanup happens if your module is unloaded, you are responsible here.) If an error occurs, NULL will be returned. If debugfs is not enabled in the kernel, the value -ENODEV will be returned. It is not wise to check for this value, but rather, check for NULL or !NULL instead as to eliminate the need for #ifdef in the calling code. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 DEBUGFS_CREATE_U16(9)