Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Increasing Raw device Sun Cluster 3.0 Post 302364460 by sahil_shine on Friday 23rd of October 2009 06:17:18 AM
Old 10-23-2009
Lightbulb

Hi ,

What i mean to say is that i want to increase d91 by adding new lun to it .
After that i want to increase the soft partition d93 .Will it be possible .I want to use these procedure.

metattach d91 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s2 ..These will increase the raw device ?

I want to know just for cluster the procedure.As these will be shared disk and
will addition of new lun to shared group will have some probelm to cluster ????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Logical volume to raw device

Hy I have several logical volumes that are turned into raw devices used by Informix DB. I would like to add some more. In /dev directory i see logical volumes as block files: lv_name1, lv_name2 ... and i see raw devices defined as character files: rlv_name1, rlv_name2 ... As i see,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

raw device in Linux

Hello group, Is it possible to use partition on a disk as a raw device? I have a LUN on a SAN which I would like to partition and use those partitions as raw device. If it is feasable, how do I bind them to a device? For example, say sdd has 3 partitions on it, sdd1, sdd2 and sdd3. Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfay
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

4. AIX

LVM & Raw device i/o comparison

Please consider this a question about basics&best practices. On AIX 5.3 system, three raw physical volumes are defined from storage. While doing a read with command dd from the raw device, the speed rate is 250Mb/s. Then, it gets complex when I define these three pv's to an lv of type raw. Doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Making Raw Device

Hi, I am using Sun Solaris 10 (Sparc 64 bit), I have a meta device /dev/dsk/emcpower26a mounting on /u01. I want to make this metadeice as raw device. Need solaris command to remove file system and make it as raw device ?. Is there any solaris command to check raw devices ?. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
1 Replies

6. Solaris

zones: Use a zpool or mount as a raw device?

Hi, I need to create 4 zones. I have an array with a RAID5 volume. I have exported 4 LUNS from the array. Now my host see the 4 LUNS as raw devices. I am partitioning each LUN using format then mounting each slice on the global zone. Then I am using each slice as a file system for my non... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find used space on RAW device?

Hi, I'm trying to find out how to see used space on RAW device. I tried with prtvtoc -f RAWdevice but for 3 different device I'm getting the same FREE_SIZE which look a bit impossible. root@zg8cscfb1> prtvtoc -f /dev/md/redodg/rdsk/d300 FREE_START=0 FREE_SIZE=20352 FREE_COUNT=1 FREE_PART=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarioT
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start a raw device?

HI, I want to start Oracle on UNIX machine, now the , it is failing to startup because it cannot identify a raw device. Actually machine was rebooted and now we need to mount the devices, but i just want to know the command/way to mount or rather start/init a raw device. Please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Onkar Banerjee
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Raw device/multipath details

Hi, How to find the raw device/multipath details of the LUN used by the diskgroups of the database. file system type -- ASM Oracle -- 11.2.0.3.0 OS -- Linux This is RAC database. Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
sccheckd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sccheckd(1M)

NAME
sccheckd - service for the cluster configuration check utility SYNOPSIS
sccheckd DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The sccheckd service is the server side of the client-server cluster configuration check utility. This utility is called by the sccheck command. The inetd daemon starts the cluster configuration check service. The service reads the /etc/default/sccheck file at startup and during exe- cution. The service logs diagnostics and error messages to syslog and the console. The sccheckd service has no direct connection to stdin, stdout, or stderr. The sccheckd service exits when the last client connection exits. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsczu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/etc/default/sccheck SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), sccheck(1M), inetd(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 19 Sep 2006 sccheckd(1M)