Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mpxio in Solaris10 with NetApp FAS3140 problem Post 302364313 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 03:55:37 PM
Old 10-22-2009
what do you expect to see? there are TWO path to the luns... but if mpxio works correct, you should only see the luns once in "format".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris10 dns problem

Hi, I'm new to solaris and just installed solaris 10. For some reason I can't resolve stuff. I installed it with the option to use dns. My routing is correct. (I can ping stuff outside my subnet). I have a resolv.conf which looks like this: bash-3.00# more resolv.conf 10.32.2.12 10.32.2.11... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barabas
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Mpxio

Hi All, I have one question. I found out that my system setting for mpxio-disable=yes. Sun recommend to change it to mpxio-disable=no and run stmsboot -e command. But no one can tell will it affect the system or not and the system is sol-10 and using veritas volume manager and attached... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Mpxio

Hi, I have a quick question. How can I see MPXIO statistics (like errors, how many I/O|throuput per path, ....) on Solaris 10? Does maybe a ready dtrace script exist (I do not have the knowledge to write one myself)? I would be happy if somebody knows some good documentation/links (with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorinox
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VxVM and MPxIO

:confused: Last week I read that VxVM won't work with MPxIO (i don't recall the link) and that it should be unconfigured when installing VxVM. Today I read that VxVM works in "pass-thru" mode with MPxIO and DMP uses the devices presented by MPxIO. If I create disks with MPxIO and use VxVM to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

MPxIO question

Greetings Forumers!! I was given a T2000 with one, dual port, HBA card. The card had one fiber connection to the SAN and the former admin enabled MPxIO. Yesterday, I learned that the other port was connected to the same SAN. This system is in another city so I don't have physical access to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. Solaris

MPXIO

Hi Kudo, I wanna to know that how can I do mpxio device name to os native name mapping without using stmsboot -L I tried everything still not able to got the solution till I able to get these o/p here is native disk info as well physical wat is the logical OS name of the disk ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Curious MPxIO problem

Hello folks, I have a newly installed Solaris 10 system running on a T6320 blade. I have set up LDM with the intent to move an ldom from another blade to this one. So far, so good. I had the SAN folks make the LUNs belonging to the ldom visible to my new blade and I can see them, all 4 paths.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranck
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Migrate from MPXIO to Powerpath

Here is the issue: I am building a database server using Solaris 10x86 U8. The system is jumpstarted with mpxio enabled and booting from the san. We need to have powerpath 5.3 installed and would like to have powerpath take control of the the boot san as well or have mpxio control the san... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabru72
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 + mpxio Path

Hi, I have an Oracle/Sun T3-2 Server with a duel SAS controller Fujitsu DX60 array attached. I have 2 x SAS HBA's in the T3-2. One HBA cabled to CM0 and one HBA cabled to CM1 of the array. The array is setup with one RAID GROUP and one VOLUME and one LUN In Solaris I can see one device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

10. Solaris

MPxIO Multipathing Problem

Hi, I believe this is an OS multipathing issue - Solaris 10 We have x2 Dual port 8GB Qlogic HBA's installed in our SOlaris 10 host. HBA0 (IOU0) Port WWN's - 09f4 (pci@3,700000/SUNW,qlc@0) 09f5 (pci@3,700000/SUNW,qlc@0,1) HBA1 (IOU1) Port WWN's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies
fence_vixel(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    fence_vixel(8)

NAME
fence_vixel - I/O Fencing agent for Vixel FC switches SYNOPSIS
fence_vixel [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_vixel is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with Vixel FC switches. It logs into a Vixel switch via telnet and removes the spec- ified port from the zone. Removing the zone access from the port disables the port from being able to access the storage. fence_vixel accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_vixel can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. After a fence operation has taken place the fenced machine can no longer connect to the Vixel FC switch. When the fenced machine is ready to be brought back into the GFS cluster (after reboot) the port on the Vixel FC switch needs to be enabled. In order to do this, log into the Vixel FC switch. Then go to: config->zones->config <port> <comma-separated-list-of-ports-in-the-zone> Then apply Consult the Vixel manual for details Vendor URL: http://www.emulex.com OPTIONS
-a IPaddress IP address of the switch. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -n port The port number to remove zoning from on the switch. -p password Password for login. -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_vixel. ipaddr = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname of the switch. passwd = < param > Password for login. passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. port = < param > The port number to remove zoning from on the switch. SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_vixel(8)