Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execute ftp script until it succeeds Post 302364133 by zaxxon on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 07:13:46 AM
Old 10-22-2009
Correct, that is one of the points I mentioned.

Check it out yourself, add some ftp commands that will fail like a put for a file that does not exist and then print out the $? of your ftp. Most probably it will be still 0.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote execute a file via ftp

How can I execute a script on a unix server via ftp from a Windows machine?? Can't use cron/at to schedule the execution and don't want to open up a telnet session just to do it. I want to be able to kick it off after I send the script over on a nightly basis. Reason is script parameter changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Programming

while vc++6 succeeds, g++ fails. ???

My code is at: http://rafb.net/p/E82U3C73.html It is a concept sample. I desperately tried to compile it with g++. To my surprise (in vmplayer/ win2k) vc++6 succeeds to compile it. I'm in very doubt. I used RedHat WS 4 , g++-3.4 and Debian Etch, g++-4.1 Comment this please!! mihai (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execute or no execute

o hola.. Tengo un script que se ejecuta bajo una tarea del CronJOb del unix, tengo la version 11 de unix, mi script tiene un ciclo que lee unos archivos .txt luego cada uno de esos archivos debe pasar por un procedimiento almacenado el cual lo tengo almacenado en mi base de datos oracle 10g,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kespinoza97
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameter to ftp script from output of another ftp

Hi, I have a ftp script which first gets all the file names and echo's the latest file. I'm using another ftp command sets to get the file name given by first ftp. The problem is the parameter is not accepted by second ftp. The error message i'm getting is > Rename Temp File calloc:ICMP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: Block of lines should be executed only if access succeeds

Hello I'm using expect to create a script. I want some lines to be executed only if the telnet succeeds to the target host. Kindly check the code that i created. The problem i'm facing that while execting the script, the lines after login seems to be ignored. The password is not sent and also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hossam_Nox
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read fails in Unix, but succeeds in Linux. Why?

Hi, When I use "read" to parse the sftp command sent via ptty, I ran into a very mysterious case below: --- In Unix, the command ‘quit' is lost. === Fri 13Apr12 15:42:47GMT-sftp_send_command: SENT Fri 13Apr12 15:42:47GMT-sftp_read_resp_line: Parse buffer=quit^M --> Command sent correctly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HgHK
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail succeeds, qmail fails

I am attempting to send multipart formatted email using sendmail -t with attachments. The attachments always arrive as empty if sent from linux. They are intact if sent from AIX. Does qmail not support attachments for multipart formatted email? I have a legacy application which runs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles_n_may
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute python file, FTP output to another server

Greetings all, We are implementing a new tool called URLwatch which is a python utility. Here are the requirements. 1) Run every 10 seconds 2) Execute the python script 3) Output file gets generated, FTP it to a differernt server I gave no idea how to do this and management needs a demo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)