Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian nss_ldap failed to bind to LDAP server Post 302364070 by magge on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 03:21:17 AM
Old 10-22-2009
sorry!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

the bind server can't start

I use the "rndc start" to start the bind server . but the server can't be started. it says "connection refused" I don't know what happened,and how to resolve it. Would somebody can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnyifeng
2 Replies

2. Programming

ldap bind error

hi Using C program i am trying to connect to ldap server i have used the method bind syntax : ldap_bind_s(ld,"cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com","password") but it is not able to bind and giving error as error 2 :Historical protocol version required use ldapv3 instead do i need to add any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

BIND (Name Server & Resolver)

Hi, i'm looking information about how BIND (Name Server & Resolver) works... And how Server/Client communicates... I found a lot of information of what BIND is and how to configure it, but nothing about how it works, does anybody know where i can found something useful?? I don't need code, just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandia_man
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to bind from a NIS slave server

Hi All, I have a client already binded with a NIS master server. Now, I want to bind this particular client to one of NIS slave. How to do it? Thanks, Deepak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to Configure DNS bind 9 with Ldap back-end

My environmnet : solaris 10 u 7 sparc To configure DNS bind use Ldap as zone record database, I use bind 9.7.0 and sun directory 5.2 I do follow http://imil.net/docs/Configuring_DNS_zones_with_LDAP.txt and stuck at make install Error from bind log "database: error: unsupported database... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

8. Solaris

BIND DNS Server issue on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have some sort of problem with BIND DNS server my environment as follows. bash-3.00# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Bind dns server zone file

I have a couple of zone conf files for the BIND server. There are some records that contains the "IN" statement and some do not. But anyway this works. So my question is what this "IN" is intended for? Here is the zone file example: ORIGIN . $ttl 60 example.com. IN SOA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriesh
4 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
LDAPWHOAMI(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LDAPWHOAMI(1)

NAME
ldapwhoami - LDAP who am i? tool SYNOPSIS
ldapwhoami [-n] [-v] [-z] [-d debuglevel] [-D binddn] [-W] [-w passwd] [-y passwdfile] [-H ldapuri] [-h ldaphost] [-p ldapport] [-O secu- rity-properties] [-I] [-Q] [-U authcid] [-R realm] [-x] [-X authzid] [-Y mech] [-Z[Z]] DESCRIPTION
ldapwhoami implements the LDAP "Who Am I?" extended operation. ldapwhoami opens a connection to an LDAP server, binds, and performs a whoami operation. OPTIONS
-n Show what would be done, but don't actually perform the whoami operation. Useful for debugging in conjunction with -v. -v Run in verbose mode, with many diagnostics written to standard output. -d debuglevel Set the LDAP debugging level to debuglevel. ldapcompare must be compiled with LDAP_DEBUG defined for this option to have any effect. -x Use simple authentication instead of SASL. -D binddn Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. -W Prompt for simple authentication. This is used instead of specifying the password on the command line. -w passwd Use passwd as the password for simple authentication. -y passwdfile Use complete contents of passwdfile as the password for simple authentication. -H ldapuri Specify URI(s) referring to the ldap server(s). -h ldaphost Specify an alternate host on which the ldap server is running. Deprecated in favor of -H. -p ldapport Specify an alternate TCP port where the ldap server is listening. Deprecated in favor of -H. -P 2|3 Specify the LDAP protocol version to use. -O security-properties Specify SASL security properties. -I Enable SASL Interactive mode. Always prompt. Default is to prompt only as needed. -Q Enable SASL Quiet mode. Never prompt. -U authcid Specify the authentication ID for SASL bind. The form of the ID depends on the actual SASL mechanism used. -R realm Specify the realm of authentication ID for SASL bind. The form of the realm depends on the actual SASL mechanism used. -X authzid Specify the requested authorization ID for SASL bind. authzid must be one of the following formats: dn:<distinguished name> or u:<username> -Y mech Specify the SASL mechanism to be used for authentication. If it's not specified, the program will choose the best mechanism the server knows. -Z[Z] Issue StartTLS (Transport Layer Security) extended operation. If you use -ZZ, the command will require the operation to be success- ful. EXAMPLE
ldapwhoami -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W SEE ALSO
ldap.conf(5), ldap(3), ldap_extended_s(3) AUTHOR
The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.1.X RELEASEDATE LDAPWHOAMI(1)