Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add minutes in Datetime Variable in Unix Post 302364037 by vikas482 on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 01:00:06 AM
Old 10-22-2009
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
epoch_seconds=$(perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(0,25,1,21,10,2009), "\n";')
echo $epoch_seconds
RESULT=`expr $epoch_seconds + 12600`
echo $RESULT
perl -e 'print scalar(localtime($RESULT)), "\n"'

Thu Jan  1 05:30:00 1970

***********why it is giving me wrong date.*******************

---------- Post updated at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:14 PM ----------

Code:
$ #!/bin/ksh
$ epoch_seconds=$(perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(0,25,1,21,10,2009), "\n";')
$ echo $epoch_seconds
$ RESULT=`expr $epoch_seconds + 12600`
$ echo $RESULT
$ perl -e 'print scalar(localtime('$RESULT')), "\n"'

Sat Nov 21 04:55:00 2009

I got the result

But i need this in the format mentioned below . Could ny 1 help

21/11/2009 04:55:00

---------- Post updated 10-22-09 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous update was 10-21-09 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
convert to epoch time, add hours/minutes, convert back.
Code:

$ #!/bin/ksh
$ epoch_seconds=$(perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(0,25,1,21,10,2009), "\n";')
$ echo $epoch_seconds
$ RESULT=`expr $epoch_seconds + 12600`
$ echo $RESULT
$ perl -e 'print scalar(localtime('$RESULT')), "\n"'

Sat Nov 21 04:55:00 2009

I got the result

But i need this in the format mentioned below . Could ny 1 help

21/11/2009 04:55:00

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-22-2009 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Increment or add minutes???;-)

Hi all, I want to add a minute to present time. E.g: if present time is 09:55, I want to make it 09:56. Please help!! I tried below script #!/bin/ksh timeut=`date -u '+%R'` let timeut1=$timeut + 1 echo "timeut1 = $timeut1" Regards Prashant:confused: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

python test datetime 30 minutes ago

Hello, RHEL5.5 PYTHON=2.4.3 I have 2 python variables using the datetime module. Here is how I call them: print "Current Time: %s" % now print "LastDownloadTime: %s" % LastDownloadTime Here is an example of an issue. Current Time: 2012-01-05 14:06:09.749240... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Working with date (add minutes using variables)

Dear all, today I'm scratching my head with a simple (I believe) issue. Working with date is quite simple, so if I Need to add some seconds to current time, I'll use: date --date='+30 seconds' +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"But, how to pass the value to add from a variable? I tried the following without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a datetime stamp at a particular position in a filename?

hi, i have some files in a directory say abc.txt def.txt ghi.txt i am storing these file names in a temp file. ls -l | grep "^-" | awk '{print $NF}' > temp_file$$ i want to add a date time stamp at a particular place in the file names. it can be 1) before the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add or Subtract the hours,minutes or seconds in the the time variable

Hello All, I am working on script where I need to add hours,minutes or seconds in the time.Time is not the current but it could be future time.I thought I can store that time in variable and add hours.minutes or second but I am not able to add that in the time that is stores in a variable. Time... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX- Adding days to datetime variable

Hello All, I have a date with timestamp stored in a variable and another variable which stores no. of days. Var1=2014-12-11 12:54:21 Var2=5 In my unix script, I have to add the no. of days stored in var2 with the var1 date. Var3=var1+var2=2014-12-16 12:54:21 Can you please advise if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikita1981
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members, Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. , like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main Please looking forward you guys help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajitnitd
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)

NAME
WebService::Solr::Query - Abstract query syntax for Solr queries SYNOPSIS
my $query = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); my $result = $solr->search( $query ); DESCRIPTION
WebService::Solr::Query provides a programmatic way to generate queries to be sent to Solr. Syntax wise, it attempts to be as close to SQL::Abstract WHERE clauses as possible, with obvious exceptions for idioms that do not exist in SQL. Just as values in SQL::Abstract are SQL-escaped, this module does the appropriate Solr-escaping on all values passed to the object (see "escape()"). QUERY SYNTAX
Key-Value Pairs The simplest way to search is with key value pairs. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar") Implicit AND and OR By default, data received as a HASHREF is AND'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => 'bar', baz => 'quux' } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" AND baz:"quux") Furthermore, data received as an ARRAYREF is OR'ed together. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ 'bar', 'baz' ] } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar" OR foo:"baz") Nested AND and OR The ability to nest AND and OR boolean operators is essential to express complex queries. The "-and" and "-or" prefixes have been provided for this need. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -and => { -prohibit => 'bar' }, { -require => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((-foo:"bar") AND (+foo:"baz"))) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => [ -or => { -require => 'bar' }, { -prohibit => 'baz' } ] } ); # RESULT: (((+foo:"bar") OR (-foo:"baz"))) Default Field To search the default field, use the "-default" prefix. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { -default => 'bar' } ); # RESULT: ("bar") Require/Prohibit my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -require => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:"bar") my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -prohibit => 'bar' } } ); # RESULT: (-foo:"bar") Range There are two types of range queries, inclusive ("-range_inc") and exclusive ("-range_exc"). The "-range" prefix can be used in place of "-range_inc". my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:[a TO z]) my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -range_exc => ['a', 'z'] } } ); # RESULT: (+foo:{a TO z}) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Proximity my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -proximity => [ 'bar baz', 10 ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar baz"~10) Fuzzy my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -fuzzy => [ 'bar', '0.8' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:bar~0.8) Boost my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { foo => { -boost => [ 'bar', '2.0' ] } } ); # RESULT: (foo:"bar"^2.0) Literal Queries Specifying a scalar ref as a value in a key-value pair will allow arbitrary queries to be sent across the line. NB: This will bypass any data massaging done on regular strings, thus the onus of properly escaping the data is left to the user. my $q = WebService::Solr::Query->new( { '*' => '*' } ) # RESULT (*:*) ACCESSORS
o query - stores the original query structure METHODS
new( \%query ) Creates a new query object with the given hashref. stringify( ) Converts the supplied structure into a Solr/Lucene query. escape( $value ) The following values must be escaped in a search value: + - & | ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : NB: Values sent to "new()" are automatically escaped for you. unescape( $value ) Unescapes values escaped in "escape()". D Debugging constant, default: off. BUILDARGS Moose method to handle input to "new()". SEE ALSO
o WebService::Solr o http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax AUTHORS
Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2012 National Adult Literacy Database This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-24 WebService::Solr::Query(3pm)