Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formating/inserting the content Post 302364015 by vino_hymi on Thursday 22nd of October 2009 12:12:02 AM
Old 10-22-2009
Hi Zaxxon,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am able to execute. But it doesn't work when there is multiple entries in file as below. Please let me know whether i need to update any thing in the awk code.

file1:

Code:
Working file: /emerchandisingview/form.jsp
date: 2009/09/30 04:44:22;  author: gue
Fix for 2365 - Omniture

Working file: /common/pageerror.html
date: 2009/09/30 15:02:32;  author: gue
Fix for bug # 2092 : H.S.INTERNET ORDERS MTEP - Please change copy on server error page.

Working file: /common/servererrorlayout.jsp
date: 2009/09/30 12:40:02;  author: gue
Including Susie's comments for servererror copy change

Working file: /common/static_version.jspf
date: 2009/09/29 15:23:16;  author: gue
Helping for clearing merging Issue

Working file: /css/ie6.css
date: 2009/10/15 15:39:18;  author: gue
Fix for 2332

Working file: /css/module.css
date: 2009/10/15 15:40:35;  author: gue
Fix for 2332

Working file: r/home/containeranonymous.jsp
date: 2009/09/30 09:34:04;  author: gue
Fix for 2718

Working file: /js/store.js
date: 2009/09/29 15:18:44;  author: gue
Helping madan for clearing merging Issue

Working file: /products/information.jsp
date: 2009/10/14 12:19:16;  author: gue
Fix for 3082[wide screen issue on product deails page]

Working file: /fragments/areaform.jsp
date: 2009/10/01 10:16:58;  author: gue
Fixed defect #2659

file2:
Code:
form.jsp    Status: File had conflicts on merge
pageerror.html  Status: File had conflicts on merge
servererrorlayout.jsp   Status: File had conflicts on merge
static_version.jspf     Status: File had conflicts on merge
ie6.css                 Status: File had conflicts on merge
module.css              Status: File had conflicts on merge
containeranonymous.jsp  Status: File had conflicts on merge
store.js           Status: File had conflicts on merge
information.jsp  Status: File had conflicts on merge
areaform.jsp       Status: File had conflicts on merge

---------- Post updated at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:35 AM ----------

The issue is in the second file.

The space between the file name status word.
Please let me know how to ignore the space and execute sucessfully.

Code:
servererrorlayout.jsp   Status: File had conflicts on merge
static_version.jspf     Status: File had conflicts on merge
ie6.css                 Status: File had conflicts on merge

Last edited by vino_hymi; 10-22-2009 at 12:32 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

I have a file proc.txt which contains the below one. Content-type: text/html <H2>No query</H2> infodba-marabou:/tmp => export QUERY_STRING="IMAN_server_report=full" infodba-marabou:/tmp => $IMAN_ROOT/web/htdocs/cgi-bin/iman > /tmp/proc.txt infodba-marabou:/tmp => cat proc.txt... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formating

Dear All I am stuck in one problem. Kindly help me. I am taking below mention file as input file and want some op file as mention below. Kindly send me all possible suggestion and query. Thnaks Jaydeep bELOW IS THE INPUT FILE: *** Connected to BSCANGR ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating output

Hi all, I want to start a new topic on this matter I have this script, #!perl use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; open my $log, '>', 'log-external.txt' or die "Could not open log: $!"; print $log "Subnet,Static,DHCP,Unused\n"; open my $dump, '>', 'dump.log' or die... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formating

Dear all I had input file as mention below and want op as mention. Kindly let me knw possible ways. Regards Jaydeep INPUT: RXOTX-48-1 2A 34 2B 35 RXOTX-499-2 2C 32 RXOTX-4-1 2D 23 OUTPUT: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating output

Hello Team i have a file with following data (as columns). I need implement a syntax like below for altering table ALTER TABLE1 TABLENAME ADD COLUMN COL1 CHAR(5) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT ADD COLUMN COL2 CHAR(5) .. .. ADD COLUMN COLn CHAR(5) NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting file content into a searched pattern

Hi, i have to insert the content of source.txt into the searched pattern of the file second.txt. $cat source.txt One Two Three . . $cat second.txt This is second file pattern match start here pattern match end here end of the file so the result will be like this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating questions

Hi, I have a data as follows in some files, i want to change CHAR(2-20) to VARCHAR(2-20). I should not touch any line with CHAR(1) Example: Input: cur_rev_stage_cd CHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL, prev_rev_stage_cd CHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File formating help

Hi all, I am having the file below I need that as below Thanks, Arun (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating

I need to create a fixed width file based on the column lengths. lets assume I have six(this may be dynamic) fields each are of different length column1=6 #size of the column column2=3 column3=2 column4=3 column5=4 column6=5 I tried below code snippet but it is not working echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MERGE(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [ options ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result ordinarily goes into file1. merge is useful for com- bining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, merge normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with <<<<<<< and >>>>>>> lines. A typical conflict will look like this: <<<<<<< file A lines in file A ======= lines in file B >>>>>>> file B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. OPTIONS
-A Output conflicts using the -A style of diff3(1), if supported by diff3. This merges all changes leading from file2 to file3 into file1, and generates the most verbose output. -E, -e These options specify conflict styles that generate less information than -A. See diff3(1) for details. The default is -E. With -e, merge does not warn about conflicts. -L label This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, merge -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting file1. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. -V Print RCS's version number. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no conflicts, 1 for some conflicts, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: 5.8.1; Release Date: 2012-06-06. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Thien-Thi Nguyen. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Paul Eggert. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). BUGS
It normally does not make sense to merge binary files as if they were text, but merge tries to do it anyway. GNU RCS 5.8.1 2012-06-06 MERGE(1)