Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find unix path to a file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find unix path to a file? Post 302363941 by jmarc on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 04:15:43 PM
Old 10-21-2009
thanks

if I have a file installed in the root of a website domain - Example Web Page - what would the typical unix path be? I'm just trying to get a forum up and running and they are asking for this: // Unix path to the forum directory. Do not include a trailing slash - the file is within a folder called "forum" - don't know why this is so difficult, but I guess it is...thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

URGENT: UNIX FTP cannot find path error

Dear all We are currently working on to install some ERP system in wjhich we need to FTP from unix to windows 2000 machine We run ./lodrun to get files from d/xxxxx/xxxx directory but the ftpoutput.log file shows following error FTP: xxxxxxxxx system cannot find the path specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path

Hello All, I am somehow stumped with this ting. 'Find' will sure show me.. but I want only thepath of all the occurences of the file in any of the sub-dirs.. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the path of a file?

Hi all, Is there any way to find the the path of a file? I mean executable files and just anyother file we can think of? i know of one cmd called which $which mount /usr/bin/mount this is fine, but "mount" is a cmd not a file that can be searched eg: say i have created a text file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a path of a specific file

Hi, A variable value is /home/samir/datas/data.txt I want /home/samir/datas. How can I get that. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: samir_standing
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find locked files, print file path, unlock file

using OS X and the Terminal, I'd like to find all locked files in a specified directory, unlock them, and print a list of those files that were unlocked how can I do this? I'm familiar with chflags nouchg for unlocking one file but not familiar with unix enough to do what I'd like. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to a find a file in which path it is there?

Hi Firends, Good Morning to all, I want a find command to search a paticular file present in my system(ie search through under all users and all directories.) I am looking forward from you.:) Advance Thanks, Siva Ranganath CH (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace Path in UNIX

Hi All, How can i find and replace the one path to another path with in the file. For Example: Search_path=/search/path replace_path=/replace/path I used the following command but not usefull, please help me regarding the same. sed 's_/search/path_/replace/path_' file_name >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsyed.dw
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)