Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating the difference between dates Post 302363868 by claw82 on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 01:02:05 PM
Old 10-21-2009
Thanks Scrutinizer, is just that i need!!!

And thanks to the other people too!

Last edited by claw82; 10-21-2009 at 02:07 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates...

Hi All, Wish you a Happy New year... I have to find the difference between two dates, the result should be the number of days. I have seen the "datecalc" function. Its good, can I have any other alternative. Thanks in Advance Raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating the time difference, when the script was executed and the currenent file

Hi, I has created the shell script in HP_UX 11.23 and using the command, echo $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) > $DIR/alert, placing the time of running the script into a file alert. I want to compare the time in the above file alert with the current time.If difference is more than 5 min, then print the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing and calculating difference.

Hi, I have a file with the contents as following Access Time: Thu Nov 6 16:43:45 2008 Modify Time: Thu Nov 6 16:43:45 2008 Change Time: Thu Nov 6 16:43:45 2008 Access Time: Thu Nov 6 16:43:02 2008 Modify Time: Thu Nov 6 16:44:01 2008 Change Time: Thu Nov 6 16:44:01 2008 I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetmano143
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

sqlite: calculating with dates - compare current date minus 6 months with stored record

Hi I have a table with name, date in format DD.MM.YYYY. I need to something like this (I try to explain in pseudo code) if SYSDATE (current date) minus 6 months > $expiry date print OK else print NOK with $name and $expiry date I know this is possible with Oracle. How to do this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk program for calculating dates.

Hi All, I have a txt file which has hundreds of lines and 41 fields. I have a requirement to pick up field 14 from the text file which is a date fiels in the following format. Field 14 : Data Type : NUMERIC DATE (YYYYMMDD) Field Length : 8 Example of Data :20090415 Field 42 : Data Type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Calculating time difference between many directories in UNIX

A report needs to come some what similar to this No of elements Stream Batch No Load time A B C D A,B,C im able to get quite easily wc -l /usr/local/intranet/areas/prod/output/SRGW_0?/*/MESSAGE_T.dat O/P of above command. A B C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peckenson
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates

hi all, I need a help for below requirement. Difference between two dates"12-11-2009" and "03-25-2012" (mm-dd-yy format") in weeks and days and hours Please help me for this. Thanks in adv.... I am working in AIX, so dont have below command:- date --version (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble calculating difference in number of days

Hi all, I have a requirement to calculate the difference of number of days of time stamp of a file and system date and if the difference is greater than 15 days it should prompt as previous month file otherwise current month file. Below is the code i used and it is working fine till now. (You... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Difference between two dates

Hi There I am trying to find the difference between two dates in seconds, by taking the first 10 digits of the file name itself, which I have done as shown below: current_time=`date +%s` last_login_of_tim=`date -d @1489662376 +%s` diff_sec=$(($current_time-$last_login_of_tim)) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Time difference Between two Rows in Linux

16:45:51 10051 77845 16:45:51 10051 77845 16:46:52 10051 77846 16:46:53 10051 77846 Match the last PID then subtract second line time with first line. Please help me with any command or script. working in media company on a project OS: RHEl7 tried command: awk 'function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
2 Replies
Pod::Simple::DumpAsText(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Pod::Simple::DumpAsText(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::DumpAsText -- dump Pod-parsing events as text SYNOPSIS
perl -MPod::Simple::DumpAsText -e "exit Pod::Simple::DumpAsText->filter(shift)->any_errata_seen" thingy.pod DESCRIPTION
This class is for dumping, as text, the events gotten from parsing a Pod document. This class is of interest to people writing Pod formatters based on Pod::Simple. It is useful for seeing exactly what events you get out of some Pod that you feed in. This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple::DumpAsXML Pod::Simple SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 Pod::Simple::DumpAsText(3pm)