Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to make a make from other folder Post 302363818 by Grobix on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 11:40:36 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Hi, I'm sorry because i don't say that i can not use "cd" must be all in one comand

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List certain file in a folder and make list

Hi, im having problem that frustate me today. there are list of file in a folder that i want to grab the folder /subject/items/ in this folder there are this file CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml loginresponsexxxxx.xml core how can i grab all the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. Fedora

Make check install and make all install

hi dear i want to know what is different between make check install and make all install? thanks in advane fereshte (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komijani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make parallel execution on folder ?

I have few very huge files ~ 2 Billion rows of 130 column(CDR data) in a folder, I have written shell script need to read on each file in a folder and will create a new files based on some logic. But problem is it's taking time to create a new file due to the size , So i dont want to corrupt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all pdf an get make a folder from filename substring

Hi , i need your advice. i will find all *.pdf files and make a folder for every different prefix of file names. for example: test_21424234.pdf new_242342.pdf at the and i will that i create ( if not exits ) a new folder "test" and "new" , afterwards i will move the file in this new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maxwill
3 Replies
Text::Tabs(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Text::Tabs(3pm)

NAME
Text::Tabs -- expand and unexpand tabs per the unix expand(1) and unexpand(1) SYNOPSIS
use Text::Tabs; $tabstop = 4; # default = 8 @lines_without_tabs = expand(@lines_with_tabs); @lines_with_tabs = unexpand(@lines_without_tabs); DESCRIPTION
Text::Tabs does about what the unix utilities expand(1) and unexpand(1) do. Given a line with tabs in it, expand will replace the tabs with the appropriate number of spaces. Given a line with or without tabs in it, unexpand will add tabs when it can save bytes by doing so (just like "unexpand -a"). Invisible compression with plain ASCII! EXAMPLE
#!perl # unexpand -a use Text::Tabs; while (<>) { print unexpand $_; } Instead of the "expand" comand, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print expand $_' Instead of the "unexpand -a" command, use: perl -MText::Tabs -n -e 'print unexpand $_' LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2002,2005,2006 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2005 Aristotle Pagaltzis This module may be modified, used, copied, and redistributed at your own risk. Publicly redistributed modified versions must use a different name. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 Text::Tabs(3pm)