Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed - simple qx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed - simple qx Post 302363816 by ttilsch on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 11:29:57 AM
Old 10-21-2009
Yes - that worked well!
Thanks very much Jean-Pierre.
Best Regards
Tom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple sed question

Is there an easier way to do the following: echo "|||||||" | sed 's/||/|0|/g; s/||/|0|/g' which would give the following |0|0|0|0|0|0| If it is not run twice it will not pick up the second occurance of the || and leave it empty as in echo "|||||||" | sed 's/||/|0|/g' which would give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple sed query

hi, i would like to replace a string in a series of files with another string, without outputting to new files. is this possible? i've tried using sed, and started by trying to alter the contents of one file... sed 's/string1/string2/g' file.txt but while this does the replacement on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schmark
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

probably simple SED-command ...

Hello, I've got a problem with SED. It's my intention to shorten a file path (removing the file name) with the help of SED. Something like: tmp\folder1\folder2\blah.txt has to be transformed to tmp\folder1\folder2\. I suppose, it's on the tip of my tongue. Perhaps it's close to: sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysadv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed??

I am obviously missing something here, but the following simple command is giving me problems: sed 'i\extratext' filename.txt I receive "sed: command garbled: i\extratext' " Any suggestions? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Sed

Hello. Just trying to write this line to an empty file. CAT shows nothing was written. Any suggestions or answers? #!/bin/bash -x THIS=FIRSTLINE sed '1w '$THIS'' testfile cat testfile Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveramsey
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple sed command

Hi, I have the following file: --# --#line1 --#line2 --#line3 --# --#line4 --#line5 and I want to use something like: sed 's/--#/newline/g' file > newfile to substitute the lines containing only '--#', but when I try, it replaces every instance of '--#' with 'newline' and I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple SED edit

I have output like the following: B D 20070116095820001 N D S0000579.LOG S0000582.LOG B D 20070116095750001 N D S0000574.LOG S0000576.LOG B D 20070116095734001 N D S0000570.LOG S0000573.LOG B D 20070116095705001 N D S0000569.LOG S0000569.LOG B D ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed question

hi is it possible to cut this two semicolon separated sed commands echo "string2 string3 string1" | sed s'/string1//g;s/string2//g' output: " string3 " to just one sed command without semicolon? thanks in advance funksen (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple sed

Hello Experts, I am being silly here and just need someone to point out what the silliness is I have a bunch of lines that are 12343 words here that can chage (hat:98-345) more word and numbers here I just want to pick out the numbers after "hat:" which is in every line. I have been... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed command

I have some troubles with this: insert (at the beginning of line) character "#" from line 5 to line 15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
3 Replies
GCHEMCALC(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils						      GCHEMCALC(1)

NAME
gchemcalc - simple calculator for chemists SYNOPSIS
gchemcalc [OPTION(S)...] [FORMULA] DESCRIPTION
gchemcalc is a simple calculator for chemists. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchemcalc version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2008-09-01 21:48:58 +0200 (lun. 01 sept. 2008) $ GCHEMCALC(1)