Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change symbolic links via script Post 302363744 by jlliagre on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 08:21:14 AM
Old 10-21-2009
This should fix the issue at once:
Code:
ln -s / /SERVER

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script to Generate Symbolic Links

I'm writing a ksh script which will reference a text file I have to create symbolic links for my application: --file contents-- Link Directory Link Source Link Name /users/05/dwisconbug bin link2bin Now, this should create the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwisconbug
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Links - BASH Script

Hi all, This is my first message in this forum. I'd like to know if there is a nice way to get the complete path from a symbolic link. Example: When I do a ls -ltr I see this output. lrwxr-xr-x 1 mmmm users 66 Sep 4 09:58 LINK_SEND ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrimuino
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

change created and modification time if symbolic links

Hi, I am trying to duplicate a symbolic link, the new link should be the exact replica of the original one, with same file attributes, permissions, owner, group and even the time. i m successful in changing the owner and group, but when i try to change the time using utime, the time of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avanigadhai
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links between directories

Hi all, lets consider 2 directories test1 and test2. I want to link test2 to point to test1, how do u do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
4 Replies

6. Solaris

symbolic links between servers

Hi Guys... I want to create a link using ln -s for a directory that does not exist on the box. How do I do that? I had some files from Box A directory /d1/u01 and I copied the files across to another Box lets say Box B on directory /d2/u02. Now I want a link so that this path /d1/u01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links

Hi all, I have scoured the entire forum for this but to no avail unfortunately. Basically, I would like to remove my symbolic link from my folder name i.e. foldername -> /a/b/c/d/f where f is indeed a folder. I have tried rmdir but this does not work and in actual fact deletes the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for creating symbolic links to my photos (*.JPG)

Hi, I have all my pictures as *.JPG and *.CR2 in the following folder structure: /media/a_2TB/pictures/year/year-month-day-hour/picture*.* But sometimes I added a subdirectory --> /media/a_2TB/pictures/year/year-month-day-hour/suba/picture*.*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8200
3 Replies
BINFMT.D(5)							     binfmt.d							       BINFMT.D(5)

NAME
binfmt.d - Configure additional binary formats for executables at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/binfmt.d/*.conf /run/binfmt.d/*.conf /usr/lib/binfmt.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
At boot, systemd-binfmt.service(8) reads configuration files from the above directories to register in the kernel additional binary formats for executables. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
Each file contains a list of binfmt_misc kernel binary format rules. Consult binfmt_misc.txt[1] for more information on registration of additional binary formats and how to write rules. Empty lines and lines beginning with ; and # are ignored. Note that this means you may not use ; and # as delimiter in binary format rules. Each configuration file shall be named in the style of program.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /usr/lib/ and /run/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /usr/lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /usr/lib/, files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed from vendor packages. All files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same binary type name, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will be applied. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in /etc/binfmt.d/ bearing the same filename. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/binfmt.d/wine.conf example: # Start WINE on Windows executables :DOSWin:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine: SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-binfmt.service(8), systemd-delta(1), wine(8) NOTES
1. binfmt_misc.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt systemd 208 BINFMT.D(5)