Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: About tcsh shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers About tcsh shell Post 302363657 by pludi on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 02:17:31 AM
Old 10-21-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find tcsh shell version info in HP-UX?

Hi, I need to find tcsh shell version info on several boxes. I made a script and running on boxes through SSH. This is what i am doing : echo /bin/tcsh -c 'echo $version' | ssh "box name" but i dont see anything. if i run /bin/tcsh -c 'echo $version' on ocal machine i see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell (tcsh) prompt gets reset on every cd

Hi, I type in my shell: set prompt="(%M) %c%b%# " to get something like: a/b/c> this works, but only partially. every time I move to to a different directory (i.e. 'cd <some dir>'), the prompt is reset. Meaning, when I 'echo $prompt' after setting the prompt I get the correct prompt,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvalbn
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Basic Query]bsh script in tcsh shell

I am a beginner (Just 2 days old:o ), i will really appreciate if you can solve my silly queries as below: Lets say i write a script like this #!/bin/bsh clear #to read name from keyboard echo "your name please.." read fname echo "you just entered $fname" exit 0 My environment is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying a tcsh shell using winbind

The campus system that I use has switched to using winbind. In the old days, I was able to specify tcsh as my shell with the usual entry in /etc/passwd. But I'm told winbind doesn't have user specific entries, and now my ssh login defaults to a bash shell. Can anybody advise how I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh Shell trouble

Need assistance in getting a solution for a TCSH shell environment variable . I read on internet that leading zeros as octal numbers and redhat doesnt supports octals but Solaris works on TCSH shell. Is there any way we can fix this . All my script has 08 or 09 $ @ x = 5 + 08 @: Badly formed... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)