Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing special characeter "~V" in a unix file Post 302363577 by Casey on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 04:19:49 PM
Old 10-20-2009
What command/s have you tried so far?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about special variables: "-" and "$_"

both ksh/bash support this 2 special variables, Is there any document for reference? 1) "-" is $OLDPWD 2) "$_" is last argument of previous command. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need HELP with AWK split. Need to check for "special characters" in string before splitting the file

Hi Experts. I'm stuck with the below AWK code where i'm trying to move the records containing any special characters in the last field to a bad file. awk -F, '{if ($NF ~ /^|^/) print >"goodfile";else print >"badfile"}' filename sample data 1,abc,def,1234,A * 2,bed,dec,342,* A ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)