Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: maxdepth in avaible for AIX?
Operating Systems AIX maxdepth in avaible for AIX? Post 302363567 by kduffin on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 03:44:00 PM
Old 10-20-2009
You have a couple of options, though neither is as nice as maxdepth:

-xdev Prevents the find command from traversing a file system different from the one specified by the Path parameter.

-prune Stops the descent of the current path name if it is a directory.

Cheers,

Keith

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris find without maxdepth

Hi, I am using Solaris 5.8 I searched online, the find command has an option called maxdepth which can be used to limit the number of directories find will look into. find . -maxdepth 2 -type f When I run the above command in solaris, I get an error find: bad option -maxdepth find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory?

Hi I wish to find only files in dir /srv/container/content/imz06/. It means exclude subfolder /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/ > uname -a SunOS testbox6 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320Its Solaris default "find" > find /srv/container/content/imz06/* -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

3. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want alternative of -maxdepth 1 for all Linux,Solaris and AIX

find /full/path/dir \( ! -name dir -o -type f \) -prune -type f on AIX it worked perfect : sdp1:/var/tmp/test# find /var/tmp/test/ \( ! -name test -o -type f \) -prune \ -name "*properties" -type f -exec ls -l {} \; -exec cksum {} \; -rw------- 1 root system 19 Dec 12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
5 Replies

5. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth option of find command not working

Can you please figure out what is the issue here $ find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -size 0 -print find: bad option -maxdepth please find the OS details $ uname -a HP-UX g5u1216 B.11.31 U ia64 2614088426 unlimited-user license Use code tags, thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with 'find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f'?

Have you tried running the command below? On the same RHEl 6.8 or 6.6. It will give you different output. find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f rpm -qa|grep find findutils-4.4.2-9.el6.x86_64 # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
Dpkg::Path(3)							   libdpkg-perl 						     Dpkg::Path(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Path - some common path handling functions DESCRIPTION
It provides some functions to handle various path. METHODS
get_pkg_root_dir($file) This function will scan upwards the hierarchy of directory to find out the directory which contains the "DEBIAN" sub-directory and it will return its path. This directory is the root directory of a package being built. If no DEBIAN subdirectory is found, it will return undef. relative_to_pkg_root($file) Returns the filename relative to get_pkg_root_dir($file). guess_pkg_root_dir($file) This function tries to guess the root directory of the package build tree. It will first use get_pkg_root_dir(), but it will fallback to a more imprecise check: namely it will use the parent directory that is a sub-directory of the debian directory. It can still return undef if a file outside of the debian sub-directory is provided. check_files_are_the_same($file1, $file2, $resolve_symlink) This function verifies that both files are the same by checking that the device numbers and the inode numbers returned by stat()/lstat() are the same. If $resolve_symlink is true then stat() is used, otherwise lstat() is used. canonpath($file) This function returns a cleaned path. It simplifies double //, and remove /./ and /../ intelligently. For /../ it simplifies the path only if the previous element is not a symlink. Thus it should only be used on real filenames. $newpath = resolve_symlink($symlink) Return the filename of the file pointed by the symlink. The new name is canonicalized by canonpath(). my $cmdpath = find_command($command) Return the path of the command if available on an absolute or relative path or on the $PATH, undef otherwise. my $control_file = get_control_path($pkg, $filetype) Return the path of the control file of type $filetype for the given package. my @control_files = get_control_path($pkg) Return the path of all available control files for the given package. AUTHOR
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>. 1.16.0.3 2012-04-17 Dpkg::Path(3)