Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy the contents between two keywords to a new file. Post 302363511 by danmero on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 01:16:56 PM
Old 10-20-2009
Don't bump your question and try to explain what's the relationship between your first and second post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy contents of a file

Hi, I am stuck up with a problem of copying the contents of a directory where one of the folder name is changed daily. Problem: I have the folder structure as: RefWorlds2/LINGCC4_X64/odsdev/odessy/UTI/621GA_build_xxx/.../.. In the above path the build number (xxx) will be changed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SathaKarni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file

Hi i need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file i have 2 fil X1.txt / X2.txt i need script to copy the contents of X1 and X2 In AllXfile X1.txt File X1 X2.txt File X2 AllXfile.txt File X1 File X2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of one file to another

I need to write a script (in bash) that copies the content of the first file in each folder of a directory to the second file in the same folder. I tried this and it didn't work - it just came back with errors and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help is very much appreciated! for mpdir in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Lines between Keywords & paste them to another file

hi, I have Multiple files with the following data : File1 100414 DR1 END XXXXX Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4 Test5 Test6 END 100514 DR2 END XXXXX Test7 Test8 Test9 Test10 Test11 Test12 END 100614 DR3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newageBATMAN
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
ENGLISH(5)							File Formats Manual							ENGLISH(5)

NAME
english - flag format for English ispell dictionaries DESCRIPTION
English dictionaries for ispell(1) supports 3 prefix and 14 suffix flags. For a detailed description of how ispell handles flags and capi- talization, see ispell(5). This manual page only describes flags usable in dictionaries built using the english.aff affix file. In the following discussion of the flags, let # and @ be "variables" that can stand for any letter. Upper case letters are constants. "..." stands for any string of zero or more letters, but note that no word may exist in the dictionary which is not at least 2 letters long, so, for example, "fly" may not be produced by placing the "Y" flag on "f". Also, no flag is effective unless the word that it cre- ates is at least 4 letters long, so, for example, "wed" may not be produced by placing the "D" flag on "we". In the following list, an asterisk indicates that a flag participates in cross-product formation (see ispell(5)). The meaning of the prefix flags is as follows: *A ... --> re... as in cover --> recover *I ... --> in... as in firm --> infirm *U ... --> un... as in able --> unable The meaning of the suffix flags is as follows: V ...e --> ...ive as in create --> creative if # .ne. e, ...# --> ...#ive as in prevent --> preventive *N ...e --> ...ion as in create --> creation ...y --> ...ication as in multiply --> multiplication if # .ne. e or y, ...# --> ...#en as in fall --> fallen *X ...e --> ...ions as in create --> creations ...y --> ...ications as in multiply --> multiplications if # .ne. e or y, ...# --> ...#ens as in weak --> weakens H ...y --> ...ieth as in twenty --> twentieth if # .ne. y, ...# --> ...#th as in hundred --> hundredth *Y ...y --> ..ily as in messy --> messily if # .ne y, ...# --> ...#ly as in quick --> quickly *G ...e --> ...ing as in file --> filing if # .ne. e, ...# --> ...#ing as in cross --> crossing *J ...e --> ...ings as in file --> filings if # .ne. e, ...# --> ...#ings as in cross --> crossings *D ...e --> ...ed as in create --> created if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@ied as in imply --> implied if # .ne. e or y, or (# = y and @ = a, e, i, o, or u) ...@# --> ...@#ed as in cross --> crossed or convey --> conveyed T ...e --> ...est as in late --> latest if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@iest as in dirty --> dirtiest if # .ne. e or y, or (# = y and @ = a, e, i, o, or u) ...@# --> ...@#est as in small --> smallest or gray --> grayest *R ...e --> ...er as in skate --> skater if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@ier as in multiply --> multiplier if # .ne. e or y, or (# = y and @ = a, e, i, o, or u) ...@# --> ...@#er as in build --> builder or convey --> conveyer *Z ...e --> ...ers as in skate --> skaters if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@iers as in multiply --> multipliers if # .ne. e or y, or (# = y and @ = a, e, i, o, or u) ...@# --> ...@#ers as in build --> builders or slay --> slayers *S if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@ies as in imply --> implies if # .eq. c, s, or t, ...#h --> ...#hes as in lash --> lashes if # .ne. c, s, or t, ...#h --> ...#hs as in cough --> coughs if # .eq. s, x, or z, ...# --> ...#es as in fix --> fixes if # .ne. s, x, z, h, or y, or (# = y and @ = a, e, i, o, or u) ...@# --> ...@#s as in bat --> bats or convey --> conveys P if @ .ne. a, e, i, o, or u, ...@y --> ...@iness as in cloudy --> cloudiness if # .ne. y, or @ = a, e, i, o, or u, ...@# --> ...@#ness as in late --> lateness or gray --> grayness *M ... --> ...'s as in dog --> dog's To summarize more briefly: Prefixes: *A - re *I - in *U - un Suffixes: V - ive *N - ion, tion, en *X - ions, ications, ens H - th, ieth *Y - ly, ily *G - ing *J - ings *D - ed T - est *R - er *Z - ers *S - s, es, ies *P - ness, iness *M - 's SEE ALSO
ispell(1), ispell(5) ENGLISH(5)