Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users KDE Needs Automake >= 1.6.1 -- I have 1.11 Post 302363487 by Corona688 on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 12:10:29 PM
Old 10-20-2009
I reccomend make, the GNU Data Dump Debugger, and whatever editor you want.

The reason no GUI IDE has succeeded at bringing the world together in an all-singing-all-dancing-platform-independent-joy despite the droves of them in existence is that they're the wrong solution for the problem of general maintenance. An IDE by nature isn't flexible enough for general maintenance, they by design impose huge restrictions on their environment. That, and most of them depend on autotools, which have their own problems.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-20-2009 at 01:16 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automake

hi on machine automake 1.9 are install but i am not able create make file so please tell me what proper command to create make file using automake (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to give link to new install automake

helo , i m using RHEL 4 and in that automake -2.59 now i install automake-2.61 but when i say # rpm -qa |grep automake it shows only automake-2.59 actually i want to use automake-2.61 so how to resolve this issue amit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

3. Programming

automake/autoconf problem

hi, i'm fairly new with automake and i ran into a problem that i have found no solution for. so i have a setup where i don't want all the output files generated by the compiler and alike in my src directory, instead i created a build/unix folder and i have build/unix/config set for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akimaki
0 Replies

4. Programming

Dependencies problem GNU automake

I am using the GNU automake. I have created the Configure.in and Makefile.am files but don't know how to link in my dependencies. I have basically added another project (OpenCV) to my eclipse workspace and want to reference this in the build. I have set Eclipse up to include the Cpp files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hembergb
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake does not create Makefile.in

hi all, I have written a simple C program hello.c and a Makefile.ac but when i try to run automake it does not create Makefile.in hence I am not able to run ./configure command in my directory. Following are the containts of my prog. hello.c -------- Code: #include<stdio.h> main() {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using automake and autoconf with C++

hi, I have written the Makefile.am and autoconf.ac files and am looking to build my project by providing the following commands: $autoreconf -f -i -m $./configure both of the above work fine, but when I give the make command, I get the following error: make all-am make: Entering directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automake distclean does work, but distcheck gives error

When I run autogen.sh(the auto hell stuffs+configure) and type "make distclean", I get a proper result(which can be built). However, when running autogen.sh and then "make distcheck", I get an error: ... rm -f Makefile ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean: ./src/MediaPlayer.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tal500
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling automake-1.15 in Solaris 10 SPARC

Hi there. I have unzipped automake-1.15.tar.gz into a directory on my HDD that has Solaris 10 SPARC OS installed inside a SUN/Oracle SPARC server. I can configure automake-1.15 successfully but when I try to compile automake-1.15 using 'make command, I have the following error message.. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphatron150
4 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)