Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers share directory from linux to unix Post 302363357 by dagigg on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 05:44:07 AM
Old 10-20-2009
sorry for late , i was busy ..it works now thanks... this what i have done..

=== in linux ( 192.1.1.208)
Code:
 sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
 sudo chmod 777 /backup 
 sudo exportfs 10.2.128.18:/backup/

we removed the read only option from Webmin nfs export module, and we found that the /etc/exports edited by this line.
Code:
/export/backup  (rw)

=== in Unix (10.2.128.18)
Code:
mount -F nfs -o vers=3 192.1.1.208:/backup /NWBackup

hope it helps....

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-20-2009 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Directory Structure

Does anyone know of a good Internet source that explains the directory structure of Unix/Linux?? Thanks Gregg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
2 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I share a directory in UNIX for another UNIX server?

Hi, Here's my newbie question! I've two servers with Oracle on. I've created an oralce export (10 GB) on server 1. Server 2 does not have enough space to copy the export and import it. I'd like to import the export from server 1 to server 2 remotely. If this was windows I'd create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryBunny
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All, I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris. Hope... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuchoudary_g
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

compare/diff two directory in two different linux/unix machine

Hi, I have two server , one linux and one unix . I want to compare two different directry in them . What command or tool I can use instead of search the dir one by one ??? thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_exportfs - Manages NFS exports SYNOPSIS
exportfs [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Exportfs uses the exportfs command to add/remove nfs exports. It does NOT manage the nfs server daemon. It depends on Linux specific NFS implementation details, so is considered not portable to other platforms yet. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
clientspec The client specification allowing remote machines to mount the directory over NFS. (required, string, no default) options The options to pass to exportfs for the exported directory. (optional, string, no default) directory The directory which you wish to export using NFS. (required, string, no default) fsid The fsid option to pass to exportfs. This can be a unique positive integer, a UUID, or the special string "root" which is functionally identical to numeric fsid of 0. 0 (root) identifies the export as the root of an NFSv4 pseudofilesystem -- avoid this setting unless you understand its special status. This value will override any fsid provided via the options parameter. (unique, required, string, no default) unlock_on_stop Relinquish NFS locks associated with this filesystem when the resource stops. Enabling this parameter is highly recommended unless the path exported by this exportfs resource is also exported by a different resource. (optional, boolean, default 0) wait_for_leasetime_on_stop When stopping (unexporting), wait out the NFSv4 lease time. Only after all leases have expired does the NFS kernel server relinquish all server-side handles on the exported filesystem. If this exportfs resource manages an export that resides on a mount point designed to fail over along with the NFS export itself, then enabling this parameter will ensure such failover is working properly. Note that when this parameter is set, your stop timeout MUST accommodate for the wait period. This parameter is safe to disable if none of your NFS clients are using NFS version 4 or later. (optional, boolean, default 0) rmtab_backup Back up those entries from the NFS rmtab that apply to the exported directory, to the specified backup file. The filename is interpreted as relative to the exported directory. This backup is required if clients are connecting to the export via NFSv3 over TCP. Note that a configured monitor operation is required for this functionality. To disable rmtab backups, set this parameter to the special string "none". (optional, string, default ".rmtab") SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 10. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a exportfs resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_exportfs ocf:heartbeat:exportfs params clientspec=string directory=string fsid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="20" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/exportfs_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 06/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_EXPORT(7)

Featured Tech Videos