Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intimate Shared Memory (ISM)
Operating Systems Solaris Intimate Shared Memory (ISM) Post 302363350 by jlliagre on Tuesday 20th of October 2009 05:28:09 AM
Old 10-20-2009
What boolean "ISM value" are you referring to ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared memory

Dear Reader, Is is necessary to attach / dettach the shared memory segments for write operations , if more than one program is accessing same shared memory segments.. I have used semaphore mutex and still I'm getting segmentation fault when I write to the segment when other program is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared memory shortage but lots of unused memory

I am running HP-UX B.11.11. I'm increasing a parameter for a database engine so that it uses more memory to buffer the disk drive (to speed up performance). I have over 5GB of memory not being used. But when I try to start the DB with the increased buffer parameter I get told. "Not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjcamaro
1 Replies

3. Linux

all about shared memory

Hi all :confused: , I am new to unix.I have been asked to implement shared memory in user's mode.What does this mean?What is the difference it makes in kernel mode and in users mode?What are the advantages of this impemenation(user's mode)? And also i would like to know why exactly shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
0 Replies

4. Programming

help with shared memory

what i want to do is have an int that can been written into by 2 processes but my code doesn't seem to work. #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/sem.h> #include <sys/shm.h> #include<stdio.h> #define KEY1 (1492) int main() { int shmid; volatile int * addr;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddx08
6 Replies

5. Programming

memory sharing - not shared memory -

hi, this is the problem: i want to swap a linked list between 4 processes (unrelated), is there any way i can do that just by sending a pointer to a structure? //example typedef struct node { int x; char c; struct node *next; } node; or i should send the items ( x,c ) by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
9 Replies

6. Programming

Shared memory in shared library

I need to create a shared library to access an in memory DB. The DB is not huge, but big enough to make it cumbersome to carry around in every single process using the shared library. Luckily, it is pretty static information, so I don't need to worry much about synchronizing the data between... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
12 Replies

7. Programming

Shared memory for shared library

I am writing a shared library in Linux (but compatible with other UNIXes) and I want to allow multiple instances to share a piece of memory -- 1 byte is enough. What's the "best" way to do this? I want to optimize for speed and portability. Obviously, I'll have to worry about mutual exclusion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared Memory

Hi, Using ipcs we can see shared memory, etc.. details. How can I add/remove shared memory(command name)? Thanks, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

9. AIX

shared memory

1.How to know wich process is using the shared memory? 2.How to flush (release) the process from the shared memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

10. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies
Tcl_BooleanObj(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_BooleanObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_NewBooleanObj, Tcl_SetBooleanObj, Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj - manipulate Tcl objects as boolean values SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_Obj * Tcl_NewBooleanObj(boolValue) Tcl_SetBooleanObj(objPtr, boolValue) int Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj(interp, objPtr, boolPtr) ARGUMENTS
int boolValue (in) Integer value used to initialize or set a boolean object. If the integer is nonzero, the boolean object is set to 1; otherwise the boolean object is set to 0. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out) For Tcl_SetBooleanObj, this points to the object to be converted to boolean type. For Tcl_GetBooleanFro- mObj, this refers to the object from which to get a boolean value; if objPtr does not already point to a boolean object, an attempt will be made to convert it to one. Tcl_Interp *interp (in/out) If an error occurs during conversion, an error message is left in the interpreter's result object unless interp is NULL. int *boolPtr (out) Points to place where Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj stores the boolean value (0 or 1) obtained from objPtr. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures are used to create, modify, and read boolean Tcl objects from C code. Tcl_NewBooleanObj and Tcl_SetBooleanObj will create a new object of boolean type or modify an existing object to have boolean type. Both of these procedures set the object to have the bool- ean value (0 or 1) specified by boolValue; if boolValue is nonzero, the object is set to 1, otherwise to 0. Tcl_NewBooleanObj returns a pointer to a newly created object with reference count zero. Both procedures set the object's type to be boolean and assign the boolean value to the object's internal representation longValue member. Tcl_SetBooleanObj invalidates any old string representation and, if the object is not already a boolean object, frees any old internal representation. Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj attempts to return a boolean value from the Tcl object objPtr. If the object is not already a boolean object, it will attempt to convert it to one. If an error occurs during conversion, it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in the inter- preter's result object unless interp is NULL. Otherwise, Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj returns TCL_OK and stores the boolean value in the address given by boolPtr. If the object is not already a boolean object, the conversion will free any old internal representation. Objects having a string representation equal to any of 0, false, no, or off have a boolean value 0; if the string representation is any of 1, true, yes, or on the boolean value is 1. Any of these string values may be abbreviated, and upper-case spellings are also acceptable. SEE ALSO
Tcl_NewObj, Tcl_DecrRefCount, Tcl_IncrRefCount, Tcl_GetObjResult KEYWORDS
boolean, boolean object, boolean type, internal representation, object, object type, string representation Tcl 8.0 Tcl_BooleanObj(3)