Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copy the contents between two keywords to a new file. Post 302363253 by ghostdog74 on Monday 19th of October 2009 09:01:28 PM
Old 10-19-2009
bash
Code:
while read -r line
do
    case $line in 
        *CLK\(* ) 
            line=${line#*CLK\(}
            line=${line%.D(*}
            echo $line
            ;;
    esac    
done < "file"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy contents of a file

Hi, I am stuck up with a problem of copying the contents of a directory where one of the folder name is changed daily. Problem: I have the folder structure as: RefWorlds2/LINGCC4_X64/odsdev/odessy/UTI/621GA_build_xxx/.../.. In the above path the build number (xxx) will be changed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SathaKarni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file

Hi i need Script to copy the contents of two files into one file i have 2 fil X1.txt / X2.txt i need script to copy the contents of X1 and X2 In AllXfile X1.txt File X1 X2.txt File X2 AllXfile.txt File X1 File X2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of one file to another

I need to write a script (in bash) that copies the content of the first file in each folder of a directory to the second file in the same folder. I tried this and it didn't work - it just came back with errors and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help is very much appreciated! for mpdir in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Lines between Keywords & paste them to another file

hi, I have Multiple files with the following data : File1 100414 DR1 END XXXXX Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4 Test5 Test6 END 100514 DR2 END XXXXX Test7 Test8 Test9 Test10 Test11 Test12 END 100614 DR3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newageBATMAN
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last 30 minutes' contents from a log file

Hi Guys, I am writing a bash script to capture the last 30 minutes's contents from log file to a new file. This job is a scheduled job and will run every 30 minutes. The log file is db2diag.log in DB2. I am having difficulties copying the last 30 minutes's contents. Can someone please help me.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
line(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   line(1)

NAME
line - Reads one line from standard input SYNOPSIS
line STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: line: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
The line command copies one line, up to and including a newline, from standard input and writes it to standard output. Use this command within a shell command file to read from your terminal. The line command always writes at least a newline character. NOTES
The line utility has no internationalization features and is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. Use the read utility instead. EXIT STATUS
Success. End-of-File. EXAMPLES
To read a line from the keyboard and append it to a file, enter: echo 'Enter comments for the log:' echo ': c' line >>log This shell procedure displays the message: Enter comments for the log: It then reads a line of text from the keyboard and adds it to the end of the file log. The echo ': c' command displays a : (colon) prompt. See the echo command for information about the c escape sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: echo(1), ksh(1), read(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Functions: read(2) Standards: standards(5) line(1)